Economy energy final bill

Options

Comments

• Mr.Everready
    Options
    :huh: .

I'm struggling how you can make the latest statement when yesterday you made the other statement.

Also struggling to understand how you can be in a disputed meter reading dispute, unless you have a bill to dispute the reads from.

LAST bill is not the FINAL bill.

EE fabricated readings at the end of December and sent them out, this turned out to be my LAST bill from them.

I am still awaiting my FINAL bill from EE, this will (hopefully) show the correct meter readings when they went bust. These reading will then (hopefully again) be used by OVO as my start readings.

• jasper54
    jasper54 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I left economy energy in December with £511 owning had to phone ovo a number of times to get money back I went on to ee account and seen I had credit on final bill ovo said send copy of bills by email they said when they were ready to pay money owed they would email 3 days before they were paying money into bank account they never emailed when if was finally payed it took about 4 moths to get money back
  • Londoner_1
    Londoner_1 Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My final bill came in a few weeks ago and it was in credit by about £80, this was passed onto OVO who reduced their inflated bill to about £70 for gas and elec for about 6 weeks worth so i'm sorted.
  • ianto11
    ianto11 Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I left EE in October 2018, received notification of final bill 3 weeks ago. Account's in credit £220, contacted OVO last week and been informed the cheque is now in the post, result...... :)
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I left EE in October 2018 and had my final bill about 3 weeks ago. After a couple of chasing emails I received my refund of £300ish credit balance last week, by bank transfer.

A slow process but I think with a little chasing Ovo will process the refund.

I'm going to be cautious about using these small suppliers in future, and will avoid building up any notable credit balance.
  • Babsei
    Babsei Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Received today. Just before EE went bust I got an email to say my tariff was changing 6 MONTHS PREVIOUS. They cancelled all my bills (which were correct) from August 18 and issued a bill with different (higher) tariffs. They also didn’t use my meter reading but used a much higher one! Hence I was left with a high debit balance. I have calculated that they owe me a few pounds. I tried to explain to the administrator but she said that the debt remains payable. What can I do? Tried Ofgem, they can’t help as it is a ‘debt’. Tried insolvency advice line and they say to make a complaint against the administrators. Anyone had anything similar?
  • Mr.Everready
    Mr.Everready Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    I received my "final" bill from OVO yesterday, I left at the end of March. They said I would not receive the bill until the had the final reading from EE, needless to say...it does not include the correct readings nor the £500 credit I had accumulated with EE !

• teamgb
    teamgb Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 June 2019 at 2:39PM
    Options
    Got a statement from EE dated 28/06/2019 today, it looks correct.

It does not say Final Invoice, it says Proforma Invoice this is not a VAT invoice.

I did send an email last week to chase them.

I am in credit with EE and owe more money to OVO which I will not pay until they show the credit from EE.
  • mrochester
    mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    teamgb wrote: »
    Got a statement from EE dated 28/06/2019 today, it looks correct.

It does not say Final Invoice, it says Proforma Invoice this is not a VAT invoice.

I did send an email last week to chase them.

I am in credit with EE and owe more money to OVO which I will not pay until they show the credit from EE.

Finally got mine today too. Gas in debit by £90 but electricity in credit by £193. How do I claim the credit from Ovo?
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We are nearing the six-month anniversary of Economy Energy's demise. The Economy Energy administrators have calculated my credit quite correctly using actual meter readings. Ovo a few days Ovo applied the credit correctly but Ovo's final bills use the Ovo contrived readings that they previously refused to change. The net effect is that Ovo is charging again for electricity and gas that has been supplied by Economy Energy.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure