The Great 'What to do in the event of redundancy' Hunt

1131415161719»

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,614 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    erindoors - I would suggest you post an edited version of the above in the Benefits and Tax Credits section. If you are looking for part time employment then look at the many threads on the Boost Your Income.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • NICKIW
    NICKIW Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 February 2017 at 11:00AM
    I am being made redundant as of 31st March . As our pay day is 28th of each month I will have to wait until 28th April for my payout. Is this usual?
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    NICKIW wrote: »
    I am being made redundant as of 31st March . As our pay day is 28th of each month I will have to wait until 28th April for my payout. Is this usual?

Cant see anything unusual about it?
  • RedBalloon
    RedBalloon Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got made redundant following my former employer going into voluntary redundancy.
    So now I have to fill out an application online for my redundancy pay from the government.
    The first question is 'Is this where you worked' and shows the address of the liquidators. I was just told to click 'Yes'. Was this the right thing to do?
    The actual 'office' I worked at was on a building site. The company was previously registered to their accountants address - should I have used this address instead? So confused! :(
    "Buy me, Lady", said the frock, "and I will make you into a BEAUTIFUL & WHOLE & COMPLETE human being".
    "Do not be silly", said the Man, "for a frock alone cannot do that".
    "True", said the Lady, "I will have the shoes and the bag as well".
    :rotfl:
  • Hello,

My employer has advised myself and many others that our jobs are under threat and that redundancies are going to happen. I have checked what I am entitled to regarding my redundancy allowance via the government website. My kind wife sent me the link from here!

My question is about my pension, which is approximately 18 years worth of contributions, what happens to my money?

All help appreciated. Dave
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello,

My employer has advised myself and many others that our jobs are under threat and that redundancies are going to happen. I have checked what I am entitled to regarding my redundancy allowance via the government website. My kind wife sent me the link from here!

My question is about my pension, which is approximately 18 years worth of contributions, what happens to my money?

All help appreciated. Dave

Depends on what sort of pension it is, if it is a Defined Benefit scheme (Final Salary or Career average) it will become a deferred pension & increase in line with some measure of inflation or you may have the option to transfer it somewhere else (which may or may not be a good idea).
    If it is a Defined Contribution scheme then it will increase in line with investment returns and you will have the option to transfer it elsewhere (which again may or may not be a good idea)
  • cherie63
    cherie63 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    2 days ago a staff meeting was called and we were told that the receivers would be coming in. Have to collect my redundancy letter tomorrow as the company will be insolvent. I have worked with my 9 fellow workers since 2008 but I only work 3 days a week. Can I still claim contribution based JSA as I was paying NI. Any advice gladly accepted.
  • So its happening!!

Just been told that our positions at my place of work are no longer available and my manager has said that he can get me a job with another company.

When I questioned him about redundancy he said it wouldn't be much, even though I have worked here 14 years!!

Now I do get holiday pay and I am allowed sick pay , I have an employee number and can log on to the employee section portal to book holidays etc and to view all my pay slips.

This to me shows that I am an employee and not just a worker.

What do you guys think? This looks like happening before Christmas too so I need some advice please.

Do you think its a good idea to print off as much of my info off the employee portal as possible showing the things I have stated so they don't try and pull a fast one!!
  • I am currently furloughed pending redundancy in August. I know I am allowed to take other employment whilst furloughed but if I did find another job before the redundancy date, would I lose my payout? * note * I would still be available to work for my existing employer with their 48 hour notice policy, (although I 100% know this won’t be happening)  so in no way shape or form would I be resigning. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback