IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo Railway Parking

On the 29th November the car was parked at a South Coast station and the driver explained to the ticket clerk that a ticket was required to cover the period to lunchtime on the 30th as they were going to London to see a show. The Clerk then asked which train they were catching as due to strong winds, the network was subject to cancellations and delays. After a brief conversation on this the clerk issued a ticket which was paid for and left on the car dashboard.

On returning the following day the driver found a penalty notice stuck on the drivers window. On examining the purchased parking ticket the driver realised that this had been issued for the 29th only, expiring at 23:59. The driver took this up with the station superviisor as it was clearly the fault of the ticket clerk, who may have been distracted by the chaos caused by the weather (although clearly the driver should have checked the ticket detail more thoroughly). The supervisor said that nothing could be done by the TOC and the matter should be taken up with the car park operator (Indigo).

I have read your 'Newbies' section and understand the principles of what is suggested, in particular with regard to Indigo (pretty much ignor it as it has basis but do the follow-up responses), but I just wanted to check this is still the case when the ticket had expired, albeit due to an error made by the ticket clerk.

When and if a NtK arrives should an offer be made to pay the outstanding day's parking charge, possibly plus a reasonable admin fee, or if not what would be the next course of action? Carry on doing nothing other than to respond in the ways suggested in the 'Newbies'section?

Thanks in advance. Thanks also for the excellent advice already gleaned from this site. Initial thoughts on the penalty notice were to to suck it up and pay the 'discounted' £60 fee, but not now!

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 February 2019 at 8:51PM
    Since byelaws will probably apply here, I see no advantage in offering to pay for someone else's mistake.

It will time out after 6 months so you just need to drag this out until that period has elapsed.

My suggestion therefore is to follow the tried and tested advice in the NEWBIES. Appeal as near to the deadline as possible, and do the same for PoPLA.

In addition, send an SAR to the scammers and complain to your MP.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • :beer: Thanks for this. As a 'Newbie' myself, it is just reassuring to know you are on the right track
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Radiomic27 wrote: »
    :beer: Thanks for this. As a 'Newbie' myself, it is just reassuring to know you are on the right track

With 38,000+ posts to his name on this forum, you can be pretty sure that Fruitcake is more than 'on the right track'!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • A NtK has now been received (9th Jan) and the intention is to follow the advice as detailed in the newbies section relating to Indigo & railway bylaws. The letter is headed 'PCN Admin Centre' and then underneath in large letters INDIGO, and headed in red: OVERDUE PENALTY NOTICE TO OWNER.

Should the template letter be emailed to iPayMyPCN.net, the email address shown on the letter, or directly to Indigo via their website?
    Also, there is no 'pay by date' on the letter, so in effect no deadline as such, just 'we invite you to take up this offer immediately', so should the template be sent immediately or should one wait for, say 14, or 28 days?

The intention is also to write to the MP and the landowner as advised. Is the landowner for the purposes of this exercise the TOC, or Network Rail?

Thanks again in advance.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Should the template letter be emailed to iPayMyPCN.net, the email address shown on the letter, or directly to Indigo via their website?

Don't know, because it goes to wherever the letter says to appeal to!

A complaint should go to the TOC and Network Rail and Transport Focus, IMHO.

You have noticed from recent 2019 Indigo railway threads that they use ITAL not POPLA, I presume? It's so new people are only just testing it and I haven't updated the NEWBIES thread yet.

Read ITAL threads. The search function works well on this forum.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hello all,

Just emailed our MP complaining about the intimidating and threatening tactics by Indigo, next it is the TOC's turn.

I don't know whether you are aware, but having just checked Companies House, I find that both Indigo Park Solutions UK Ltd and Indigo Park Services UK Ltd, changed their names to SABA Park Solutions UK Ltd and SABA Park Services UK Ltd, respectively on the 19th December 2018. Each with their respective original Co. Reg. No.

I don't know whether it affects anything, but the NtK recieved on 9th Jan. had INDIGO in large letters on it (no mention of SABA) and the ipaymypcn.net website is still INDIGO.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Interesting, I didn't know about SABA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • yup saba reported on pepopoo about a week ago http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=125321
  • Hello,
    An attempt was made to submit an appeal via the Indigo appeals page but this resulted in an error page with 'Runtime error' and a load of computer code, so an email was also sent to them with the template appeal.

On the 28th an email was recieved from ZZPS with all the usual BS, which included the following: "This matter has now escalated to us and we follow our client’s instructions, we do not deal with disputes or appeals, we are here to resolve the outstanding balance."

I am following the 'Indigo ITAL appeal' thread with interest, but so far have not been offered the opportunity to appeal either to POPLA or ITAL because the Indigo appeal window hd passed by the time the PCN arrived.

Not sure therefore what the next course of action should be. Do we just ignore correspondence from ZZPS, or should the ability to appeal be demanded of Indigo?

• you should have complained to the BPA about being denied a appeal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport