Halifax Packaged Bank Account Complaint

Options
Hi
I wonder if anyone can advise please.
I put in a complaint against Halifax through Resolver regarding the mis-selling on the packaged bank account I held with them I think up until 2011.
They have decided to not uphold my complaint and also say its out of the time frame.
My reason for claiming it was mis-sold is because when i took out the account, i worked at Halifax as a cashier. We were highly targetted on both an individual and branch level and a packaged bank account gave you more points! In order to meet our targets I felt under pressure and i said to make my account the ultimate reward account. My colleague did this by logging into my file and upgraded me, I wasnt present but did obviously consent to it, a real interview was never conducted and i was expected to know the facts as I worked there.
Where do you think i stand with this?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    As you requested the upgrade, you have no complaint.

Remember that mis-selling needs some selling to take place.
  • Princesstjb
    Options
    As you requested the upgrade, you have no complaint.

Remember that mis-selling needs some selling to take place.

Thank you for your reply. I do feel it is mis-sold due to the fact i took it out under the wrong circumstances as in it wasn't because i needed phone insurance for example, it was to hit a target. But i understand what you are saying.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If you feel this way then the time to submit a complaint was back in 2011 when you suggest this happened - regrettably you still elected to upgrade your account fully aware of the circumstances under which you were doing it and as a memeber of staff also fully aware of what it provided.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I do feel it is mis-sold due to the fact i took it out under the wrong circumstances as in it wasn't because i needed phone insurance for example, it was to hit a target. But i understand what you are saying.

Complaints about finance have 2 dates that are relevant to a complaint:

6 years from point of sale
    3 years from knowing you had a reason to complain (or that you could reasonably have been aware of a reason to complain)

A sale in 2011 means 6 year is met
    The fact you had multiple letters from Halifax over the 7 years explaining the package benefits means the 3 year is out

That is why your complaint was time barred
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They have decided to not uphold my complaint and also say its out of the time frame.

That does not make sense. If its timebarred then they would not have considered the complaint at all. So, its not an "also" but a consequence of being timebarred.
    My reason for claiming it was mis-sold is because when i took out the account, i worked at Halifax as a cashier.

If it wasnt timebarred, that would be held against you in a complaint as you should have known better.
    a real interview was never conducted and i was expected to know the facts as I worked there.

PBAs are not a protected product where factfinds etc are required.
    Where do you think i stand with this?

As you are timebarred, you stand nowhere. Timebar prevents any further action. it woudlnt matter if your complaint had a nailed on complaint reason. Timebarring ends the ability to complain. As it happens, your complaint doesnt have a nailed on reason so the outcome would likely have been a rejection if it wasnt timebarred.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure