£3.80 potted today.

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • I found 5p in the log basket while I was making the fire tonight - no idea how it got there!

Needless to say, it didn't remain there much longer, and is now residing in my piggy's tummy!
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 035. Fashion on the Ration: 24/66 coupons spent.
  • Morning all, hope everyone's ok. We had a lovely day out on Saturday with our DGCs and their Mums and Dads, went on a Santa train journey. It was fun and lovely being with all the family together. I spent a grand total of £2,79! So the change from the fiver I paid with went into my pot plus the £15 I also saved over the last 2 weeks.
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 28
    2018 total £1520
    2019 total £8995
  • Well done potters!

Nothing to report for me over the last couple of days.

Will probably have some to pot over the weekend.

Dxxx
  • Thrice
    Thrice Posts: 159 Forumite
    Morning all!

Finally emptied out my purse last night, potted a £5 note and about £8 in pound coins, and some silver into the other tin. They are starting to get a bit of weight to them, hoping to fatten them up a lot more by the end of October lol!

Hope everyone is getting on well x
  • Hi Sue. Please could you add me to this challenge? Just joined and looking forward to starting. Thankyou.
  • Hi money fairy, good to see you are coming along fir the potting ride!

Finally I've got something into my pot and days without! Hubby brought a bag of shrapnel home from his desk. It had £10 & £1 in 'old' money so will back those towards Christmas bits in joint. The youngest needed £3 for a bus fair so that was counted out in 20p.

That left a lovely £6.60 is silver which has gone in the tin. Taking my lovely spc 90 total to £76.05
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Hi all, not a very eventful day today, currently still resting my leg following a fall a few weeks ago so I've written some Christmas cards, rung three companies and cancelled my credit cards then cut said credit cards up. Been looking/thinking about changing our current account to Santander 123 as you get cashback on your household bills any thoughts?, posted my soa this evening. Potted £1.80 in silver today spc069. Hope you've all had a good day
    MBNA 0% ends 10/04/2020 £15843
    Virgin 0% ends 09/06/19 £ 8007
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £6379
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £ 7229.26
    £30229 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    SPC 069
  • Hello, emptied out my old purses and some handbags today, found around £5 in them all :). Next year we are having a big saving year so we are going back to an envelope budgeting system. This will mean I have plenty more change to pot as we won't be using cards for any day to day costs.

So many of you have impressive totals so far. I'm not sure if we will be disappointed or impressed when we come to cash ours .
    SPC #062
    12k in2019 #23 £8167/£16k
    Make £2019 in 2019 #32 £513/£2019
  • Sue-UU
    Sue-UU Posts: 9,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    MoneyFairy wrote: »
    Hi Sue. Please could you add me to this challenge? Just joined and looking forward to starting. Thankyou.

I definitely will, MoneyFairy SPC No 072. A very warm welcome to you. :grinheart Have fun saving and enjoying the chat on the thread, it motivates us all. You'll find your number on the the 2nd post of page 1. Please read through post 1 as it'll let you know exactly what to do with the challenge. PS. We empty our pots and declare our savings in October, please make a note of this year's date: 31st Oct 2019.

Please also subscribe to the thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" (lower green bar) and clicking "Subscribe to this thread"...or you may lose us! To put your SPC No on, go to "Quick Links" (right side of top green bar), click and then click on "Edit Signature" and you're away. ;)

*Please pop your number on your sig, it really helps me.

MoneyFairy - You're on a brilliant website and our superb SPC thread to save. Both have plenty of advice and support to give you! :D

A gold star for a lovely welcome to MoneyFairy, Choccygirl, :staradmin but don't forget to remind folk about looking through the 1st post. Excellent potting for both your DH & you, and a great total sum so far!!!! :j

Hi SPCers! :hello: I hope you all enjoyed a good Thursday. Look after yourselves everyone and have a great Friday.

For all those of you who are poorly or low in spirits, look after yourselves and get well soon. Here are best wishes and {{{{hugs}}}} from us all at SPC. :grinheart

Good luck with your pledge, Dolly! Stick to it like glue! ;)

I too can remember Buddy Holly's Peggy Sue, Lucifer ...only just though! ;)

You're making starts in the right places, keep strong so that it stays that way as you'll never regret it!! :D
    So Dolly corrupted 4 of you then! I'll be keeping my eye on her, all of you in fact!! :rotfl:

Hi siju! It's lovely to know you're free from cold, and have been enjoying yourself with the family too. So pleased it was more your style than London. :grinheartVery well done with the £4.05, a pretty good haul given the time of year! :D

Thanks so much for letting me know about your SPC No, Frogletina, though I saw it on your siggy the same night. Thank you so much. :D

Hi NannyG and well done with your potting! Thanks for letting me know about your new No. I'm not fussy in McDs, but our grandchildren love it there too. You're right about the Santas, the prices can be quite extortionate, far better to leave it to their Mum!! :rotfl:

It's so good to see how well you're potting, Loz, keep it going from strength to strength as it'll be fantastic when you open up in October!!! :dance:
    You've done well in having all the Christmas shopping finished - now you can breathe! :cool: Whatever you chuck at your CCs it'll slowly be coming down, so keep chipping away at it!! Good work!

The pages soon fly by here on SPC, Raggle, so keep up with us when possible. ;)

Well done on selling clothing you no longer need, far better to get the money!! I understand why you're not drawing the money out to put in your pot, but you can still make a note of anything that has been saved in such ways as it's all money saved whichever way you look at it. So write it down and be sure to declare it on or around the 31st October!! :D

Brilliant work on potting the cash today!!!!

Fantastic work, 32b3!! :xmassmile It's all adding up again and jingling in our pots rather than that horrible thud!!!:j PS, I contacted Lynne & jakes-mum a couple of days ago, but not yet heard from either. :(

Very well spotted and ...potted, CapricornLass!!! :dance:Thank goodness you didn't find it charred in the grate!!

I'm so happy for you, Lucy, a day out with the family is just wonderful! Mostly though, for the kiddies it's magical with the lead-up to Christmas. :rudolf: Great potting too of course!!

A splendid amount potted, Thrice!!! Little wonder your pots are gaining weight!! :j

Not a very eventful day maybe, lincs, but a very productive day nonetheless! Hubby & I are with Santander though we have a household bills scheme with our bank, so sadly I'm not much help. I expect another SPC member might be able to help you more
    I do hope your leg is soon back to scratch, but for now you're wise to rest it. :)

Very well done on all you found and potted, RebeccaAnn!! :j All the very best with the way hubby and you will be saving next year; though please don't worry about what the rest of us save, and what your total is. We all live varying lives, some earning good wages, not so for many of us. However, it's what those savings mean to us all in general that count and whatever you manage to save, please just be so very chuffed with yourself!! Put it like this, our bank manager earns one heck of a lot more than us, but my DH never has and never will, but I'd far sooner have him :love: than the bank manager any day!!! Be happy and so proud RebeccaAnn, at least you're saving and I'm sure you'll be thrilled at your outcome!! :grinheart

Have a super Friday, folks, and...the pot maybe!! :dance:
    Sue

NB folks: Opening date for SPC 12 will be 31st October 2019

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welco
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 = £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 = £871.52 18 = £800.00 19 = £851.022021=£820.26[/SizeGrand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016 = £52, 002.40!! 2017 = £50,456.23!! 2018 = £47, 815.88! 2019 = £38.538.37!!!! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure