The 'No More Buying DVDs Until I Have Watched the Ones I Already Own' Thread

1535455565759»

Comments

• Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    With all this streaming and Catch up TV going on I finally managed to watch one from the pile -

A Private Function, a lovely 80s piece of British Comedy. CS for someone else to appreciate.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • blindtoast
    blindtoast Posts: 447 Forumite
    Watched Holiday Inn over the weekend. Lovely film (tho a little Christmassy!)
    No more buying books Books in 2016 = 20.
    Target for 2018 = 7/21
    No more buying DVDs ? 2018 target 27/52

Sealed pot challenge member #1733
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    On my own for a few days and a hundredweight of plums to process I managed to catch up with a few dvd dinosaurs

Hideous Kinky
    Mona Lisa
    Kiss of a Spider Woman
    all classics well worth watching. CS hop now.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • I managed another classic The Man Who Knew Too Much, which will now go to my elderly friend who no doubt will enjoy watching it again.
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I haven't watched a DVD for aaaaaaaaaaages, but this is because I lost my cables to connect my DVD player to my TV. I bought some new ones, so I should be able to make up for some lost time now. :D

Hope you are all doing well.

I guess if anyone is streaming films on NetFlix etc. the can still use this thread as a record of what they have watched, even though it's technically not a DVD? (The times, they are a-changin'! ;) )
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello all!

I bought two DVDs at a charity sale thing (X Men Origins: Wolverine and Labyrinth) and I've watched them both.

I think this may inspire me to watch more...
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P

• It's been ages since I've been on here. This year has not been good for not buying dvd's as I keep finding them for 20 or 50p and feel like its a bit like renting! Awful for money saving but good for not adding to the pile as they are generally watched and discarded fairly quickly (tho obviously that's also not helping with my attempt to clear old ones I've had for ages :(
    I've watched 27 so far this year, some brilliant, some awful! Way off my target but at least some of these will be/have left for the charity shop so a bit more space. I'll be mainly watching Christmas films thru December so my total probably won't increase much now. Try again next year.
    No more buying books Books in 2016 = 20.
    Target for 2018 = 7/21
    No more buying DVDs ? 2018 target 27/52

Sealed pot challenge member #1733
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    blindtoast wrote: »
    It's been ages since I've been on here. This year has not been good for not buying dvd's as I keep finding them for 20 or 50p and feel like its a bit like renting! Awful for money saving but good for not adding to the pile as they are generally watched and discarded fairly quickly (tho obviously that's also not helping with my attempt to clear old ones I've had for ages :(
    I've watched 27 so far this year, some brilliant, some awful! Way off my target but at least some of these will be/have left for the charity shop so a bit more space. I'll be mainly watching Christmas films thru December so my total probably won't increase much now. Try again next year.

This is really interesting! I have recently been in a few pawn shops which sell DVDs for a very reasonable prices. I bought a trilogy of films that I like for £1 and I've watched them at least twice already. I won't be making a habit of it, but I really like that trilogy, so it was worth it. Not a bad way to pick up the occasional DVD that you really like....
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I bought the final film on the trilogy I mentioned in the previous post in December and I have watched it twice.

I still have loads of DVDs to watch so I have set myself an aim to watch 20 of them in 2020 to help me along!

Happy New Year everyone! :beer:
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family