Virtual telephone number for a business

Good morning forum members,
Can somebody please point me to a right direction please? I’m thinking of starting a small side line business (or at least trying it out) in addition to my day job and possibly a career change…. and I would like to have a dedicated telephone number for the business. I understand that I can purchase a virtual telephone number which would be redirect calls to that number to my mobile and that’s fine. But how does it work if I want to make an out-going call and have the virtual number appearing as the caller rather than my mobile number? What should I be googling to find providers and prices etc?

And also, can anyone recommend any providers that they have used and are happy with?

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 October 2017 at 10:55PM
    Mrs_Z wrote: »
    make an out-going call and have the virtual number appearing as the caller rather than my mobile number? What should I be googling to find providers and prices etc?
    this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=making+outgoing+calls+using+a+virtual+phone+number+uk

for example this supplier states:
    "YES, Virtual Phone Numbers provides DID numbers for inbound calls and outbound calls."
  • Have used voiphone for 2 years now, good service, good customer service and price is right.

Often have number diverted to mobile, this year have put in a voip box and phone at home, virtual landline now takes messages if I am out working.

Calls from the virtual number display our VN on outgoing calls, although I rarely use it, I use my mobile mostly.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    dmClub, Sipgate
  • Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    how much does your current mobile provide charge for accepting diverted calls?
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
  • Mupette wrote: »
    how much does your current mobile provide charge for accepting diverted calls?

You don't get charged for accepting calls on a mobile.

You will pay a cost to divert calls to your mobile

I use TTNC and net-telco for virtual numbers

Both are good
    baldly going on...
  • Mrs_Z
    Mrs_Z Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Just a quick thank you for those who replied.

I now have a virtual number up and running - got it through https://www.virtuallandline.co.uk
    It was easy to set up, very clear instructions and very reasonable rate with no contract tie-in.
    Too early to comment on their customer service, etc but so far so good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure