Charles Stanley Direct to increase fee to 0.35%

Options

Comments

• bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    jamei305 wrote: »
    I have Vanguard Global Small-Cap Index Fund GBP Accumulation (VIGSCA) with iWeb, if that's what you mean?
    Presumably:
    link
  • ChopperST
    ChopperST Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    Presumably:
    link

Think I'll be moving my funds to iWeb Bowlhead as a fixed fee broker makes sense compared to % fee now for my portfolio size. Any feedback on customer service / switching in before I push the button?
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    How are Interactive Investor these days? Read lots of complaints about service here previously about them
  • Gaeilgeoir
    Options
    Could I ask for a little advice here? I have a stocks and shares ISA with CSD (small portfolio, roughly £3k). What would be the best way to go about transferring this? Is there a more formal way of doing it than just withdrawing everything and applying for a new account with another provider?
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,049 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your annual charge on £3,000 with CSD would go up from £7.50 to £10.50, is there any point in transferring for 3 quid a year? CSD are pretty decent and unless you are adding tens of thousands to it in the short or medium term I'd be inclined to leave things as they are. If you did want to move the ISA you would usually contact the new ISA provider and instruct them to initiate an ISA transfer as removing it yourself would cause the cash to lose its ISA status. However if you are not going to use your annual allowance of £20,000 it would probably be the easiest and quickest way in this case
  • Gaeilgeoir
    Options
    Yeah, you're right. The service has been good, and the fees remain low so I'll stick with it. Cheers!
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How are Interactive Investor these days? Read lots of complaints about service here previously about them
    It depends on what you invest in and how much customer service you need. TBH, I've had tax reclaims and commission rebates paid in a timely manner recently. The other bugbear was delays with dividends on open-ended funds - I'm not sure how they are doing on that front as I'm in Acc units.
  • Mr.Saver
    Mr.Saver Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    CSD does not have an exit fee for ISA, and it's free to transfer out as cash.

I'll use this opportunity to transfer my ISA to a cheaper platform and make changes to my portfolio:cool:
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    It depends on what you invest in and how much customer service you need. TBH, I've had tax reclaims and commission rebates paid in a timely manner recently. The other bugbear was delays with dividends on open-ended funds - I'm not sure how they are doing on that front as I'm in Acc units.

By open ended funds do you mean income funds?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    By open ended funds do you mean income funds?
    I mean funds that aren't investment trusts or ETFs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure