Kidstart - Anyone used it?

Hi, I am currently pregnant and have signed up to some baby freebie stuff sites and was introduced to Kidstart.

I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of using Kidstart, its looks a bit like Quidco but you save the cashback for your kids. Is it worth doing?

Comments

• emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    I got on really well with it, we got £25 in a year without really trying. I mainly used it for Amazon and eBay, when I remembered. We did get a couple of big items too, which helped (about £10). We don't do masses of shopping, but I haven't had any issues with it tracking, unlike TopCashback (total farce, nothing I did tracked and clearing cookies didn't help!).

As far as I see it, it's free money for nothing extra. It's been a nice little starter for his savings account- I got an American express credit card and put the cashback from that in his savings account too.

I have heard other people say the amounts didn't track- not sure if it's that, or they were put off by how long it takes for the money to appear as available (it stays as pending for a while for some retailers). If you set the account it goes to up then it transfers automatically, so no need to worry to much if you just earmark it as savings for the distant future.

Hope that helps!
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Sorry I lied- we saved £46!
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • MrsElliot
    MrsElliot Posts: 39 Forumite
    Thanks that really helps :) It looks like its worth doing!
  • I use kidstart, topcashback and quidco. I check which out of the 3 has the better rate before purchasing. I don't find kidstart as competitive as the other 2 though.
  • EstherG
    EstherG Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post
    If you have a great idea and the correct presentation of the project (video, photo, etc.) - you can try it!
    I love my family!
  • Beem1
    Beem1 Posts: 15 Forumite
    I use it for amazon purchases and other purchases i cannot find on topcashback or quidco.

There is a referral code thread for kidstart on the forum
  • hmc
    hmc Posts: 2,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I use it for amazon
  • I signed up a few weeks ago - I haven't found it as quick tracking as the other Cashback sites, but am going to use it for the sites the other sites don't give cashback on. Eg Amazon.
    I've downloaded the app - hoping I'll remember to use it instead of going straight through the Amazon app!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure