Direct Save Support / Router Password

Options
Has anyone managed to ever get help from Direct Save.
I recently signed up for Broadband as liked the low monthly fee rather than cashback offers
Router came , some unbranded thing, with no documentation with it or on the web.
Works fine, but I want to add some security, but no idea what admin password is. call up help line from my mobile and get a message number is barred. call up from land line, number is barred. (I have no dealings before except ordering service online)

log a call on website get an email back saying they will respond within 7 working days, or more if they are busy.

Grrr rant over...

Comments

• wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The routers normally have the defaults on the underside of the router it is normally something simple like password.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Or google generally knows the defaults .
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    Options
    Hagar_uk wrote: »
    Router came , some unbranded thing, with no documentation with it or on the web.
    Works fine, but I want to add some security, but no idea what admin password is.
    From page 12 of this manual:
    "After that, you will see the screen shown below, enter the default User Name admin and the default Password admin, and then click OK to access to the Quick Start screen. You can follow the steps below to complete the Quick Start."

See https://www.directsavetelecom.co.uk/broadband_router.php.
  • Hagar_uk
    Hagar_uk Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the replies,

I should have added while there is documention for TP based routers on their site, the one supplied is an unbranded TWV-63381-UK11 which brings up very little on Google.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chino wrote: »
    From page 12 of this manual:
    "After that, you will see the screen shown below, enter the default User Name admin and the default Password admin, and then click OK to access to the Quick Start screen. You can follow the steps below to complete the Quick Start."

See https://www.directsavetelecom.co.uk/broadband_router.php.
    'This Manual' link says Access Denied. A bit like their support phone numbers then!
  • supamanc
    Options
    Hi, Did you ever find what you are looking for? I can give you the login details of my router (now changed) - they may be the same.
  • Hagar_uk
    Hagar_uk Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just an update, after 2 weeks or near enough I did get an answer. the password was a 10 digit or so hexadecimal password, so had no chance at all of guessing it.

On the down side they now appear to be charging more than the contract amount I signed up for. grrr.
  • gilad
    gilad Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Just got the same (cheap) router (TWV-63381-UK11) from Direct Save Telecom. Any idea what's the login details?
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    Options
    gilad said:
    Any idea what's the login details?
    Judging by the OP's experience from last year, you need to contact Direct Save and ask.
  • catz77
    catz77 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Login is "admin" (lower case a) but the password is unusual and has to be provided by DS technical help.In my case it is a mix of 16 letters, characters and numbers (once in you can change it). In my experience DS Technical help's phone line has few stacked callers but they still take their time. I have found these staff to be very helpful.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback