Barclays Online Stockbrokers Account

Comments

• boxedin
    boxedin Posts: 45
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    thanks pvt. I have been with them about as long I was with schwab too. I used to go to market/ftse shares and then sort on % change to get the 15 min delayed prices but also use the following

HL have a brief update you don't have to login
    http://www.hl.co.uk/shares

advfn have % gainers and losers under toplists free registration
    https://uk.advfn.com/p.php?pid=toplist&m=L&tl=1

Digital look don't even have to register to get a lot of info
    http://www.digitallook.com/index/FTSE_100/risers

I use investegate to monitor co rns's
    https://www.investegate.co.uk/Index.aspx?ftse=1&date=20170829

Best wishes
  • pvt
    pvt Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Hi Boxedin,

I know it's possible to get most of the info elsewhere, but I thought the reason I was paying a premium to Bracklies was so I had it all on one site.
    Optimists see a glass half full :)
    Pessimists see a glass half empty :(
    Engineers just see a glass twice the size it needed to be :D
  • boxedin
    Forumite
    Just rung the 0800 no to get a message that the office was now closed (6.35pm) they then go on to say their office hours are until 7.00pm. Great!!

This is the Barclays view of todays service
    https://status.uk.barclays/

Nah your paying to keep the knutsford employees in the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed
    http://www.lifeintechnology.co.uk/global-locations/radbroke-hall-uk/

It would be nice if there is such a broker out there I will be trying to find one which offers a better service
    shame really. Seems like a concerted effort to gouge the HNW investor with a shift towards % based pricing
  • pvt
    pvt Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    I can understand why they shut the helpline at that time. I called at 5pm, call finally answered at about 6:15pm by a very frazzled but helpful guy.

Most of the stuff that is missing like RNS, all the indicies, and Broker Views, are actually all still there, just very very hard to find. It's all buried in the "invest" section, which looks like it punches out from Barclays to another site of some kind (opens in a separate window). You cannot get to it by clicking on an equity in your portfolio.

Ability to see % change for the day in you portfolio view is gone for good though.

The guy who helped me said a number of customers have been on this new site for about 6 months and they haven't had any problems. They must have picked a very easily pleased cross-section of customers for that beta testing...
    Optimists see a glass half full :)
    Pessimists see a glass half empty :(
    Engineers just see a glass twice the size it needed to be :D
  • boxedin
    Forumite
    Got through to someone this morning 1hour 30min waiting time 7.30 till 9.0. CSR was helpful and got required membership no that didn't arrive in post, so have been able to log in, certainly different in terms of presentation will have a root around to see how it works

The Telephone Banking passcode and membership no they have sent out is to enable you to use the telephone equity purchasing service this has a different membership no. to the online account service was wondering why I had been sent that as I don't have a Barclays bank account
  • Total disaster. No login details sent. Can't get through. Wast of time. Heads should roll, but most likely they will be promoted!

Thankfully most of my stuff is tied up elsewhere! And I'll remove everything from these clowns too.
  • taylornj
    taylornj Posts: 295
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well I tried to phone this morning, they now give a waiting time in the queue, which was 40mins, have a sheet of paper full of issues now.

Like others here been with them since Schwab days maybe getting towards 30years.

I did find RNS in the end, just wasn't easy to get to, and is off under a different web site research centre.

The thing about being on the new site 6months is likely for new customers they are unlikely to have a history, need to do CGT at end of tax year, held shares long term and have no need for historic information, think it's the norm not to get RNS access, need to track interest and dividends paid for tax liabilities at end of tax year, now we have the dividends over £5k taxed.

I suspect one issue might be you have to have a Barclays current account of some form, to pay in or make withdrawals, which is why I'm seeing blank pages. Newly registered are likely gone through a set-up starting with adding a current bank account.
  • boxedin
    Forumite
    First time I managed to get in for a look around was yesterday and I was busy on other stuff but still managed to get booted out three or four times

Noticed you could access the research centre without logging in last night

Had my first white screen of death WSOD at 8.19am this morning when I tried to go to Invest from Hub by pressing blue Invest button.

Have a query about a bond I hold which they have put a message on saying no longer can be held in an ISA

To send a secure message you need a PINsentry device which of course I haven't got

Clicked Webchat. We are busy give us a call

If you give them a call, well you know the rest

Just in case you need to sell anything quick, the girl I spoke to yesterday said if you phoned up with an instruction they would only charge the online rate not the telephone rate for the transaction.
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    need a PINsentry device which of course I haven't got
    Any card reader will normally do (even a Ulster Bank one if you are following that thread) as long as you have the appropriate card.

Seems odd using card readers for an investment account though.
  • boxedin
    Forumite
    Thanks for the information I have a Nationwide card reader but I don't have a Barclays card because I am not a barclays bank account holder I am an investment account holder cash being transferred into account from outside bank so I can't use PINsentry anyway unless I get a bank account

So I can't get in touch by email as its too commercially sensitive and I cant send them a secure message so I have to ring them and it takes them over 40 min to answer

Just booted me out on login after 2224 error and then wsod freeze when I clicked on contact button back in on re logging in

They seem to be driven by security and regulatory issues at the expense of customer service.

The issue is they have put a note on my BUR 3 issue corporate bond saying its no longer eligible for an isa
    which is the first I have heard of it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport