PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Jaglad111, we want to exchange and complete by Friday and probably won't be able to, you're able to but don't want to! Swap ya?! :rotfl:
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Jaglad111
    Jaglad111 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Natbag deal!

Just wish I had more than 4 days notice, especially when all 4 days I'm working 6am-6pm!

Realistically I dont think ours can be done that quickly but you never know!

Good luck!
  • Natbag
    Forumite
    We have spent all weekend packing, and evenings doing bits too. Luckily hubby is off work this week, hence wanting to complete. Otherwise it would be a nightmare.
    Good luck too, hope you can push them back a little if you need to.
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
  • It seems some of us are moving quickly now- so happy for you all!
    We don’t seem to be getting anywhere. Our buyer has instructed a solicitor in 2 weeks & seems not much else 😰 I’ve asked the EA to chase this up.
    We are buying a house owned by the EA’s son ( our mortgage advisor) which might go slightly in our favour ( or not) as it’s been renovated & he wants it gone ASAP. I’ve had a big panic today about our mortgage. We have the AIP but was stupid & Googled getting declined & it came up with loads of stories 😰 does anyone know how likely this is? Our mortgage is with NatWest.
  • Hi everyone, I hope I can join in as I think I am about to explode.
    We accepted an offer in July. There has been some faffing around due to an inept buyer solicitor but that seems to be resolved now (our buyer shouted at them a Lot).
    Despite saying we wanted to move by early September, here we are.
    Exchange started on Thursday but then collapsed because apparently the Ftb at the bottom of the chain had not paid his deposit into his solicitor. This person has also agreed to a completion date of 3 November, contingent on our buyer leaving his oven behind...!

So two days of increasingly angry calls from two sets of solicitors and estate agents, these people still appear to have not placed their deposit. Their solicitor also ignored All calls today.

I am now nearly 37 weeks pregnant. I honestly don’t think I can stand much more of this and our estate agent has suggested issuing an ultimatum that if exchange does not happen within 48 hours we are pulling out. I am Incredibly Tempted.

The snag is that currently hb is not working, I am on maternity leave and we are basically selling our house because we have no money left �� So if the ultimatum fails I don’t know what we would do either.

Any advice, preferably kind, is v welcome as I am so so stressed and know it is not good for either me or the baby.
  • Fed up of my situation now.
    Buyer's buyer mortgage has fallen through, this is the second set of buyers after their first ones pulled out.

Been waiting for them over 5 months in total.
    Do I go back to market?
    They have said they are trying to sort something out. How long should a AIP take?
  • Time2go
    Time2go Posts: 198 Forumite
    I'm totally fed up buying new build accepted low offer on our flat as we already had one buyer oil out on us. Said was on provision exchanged 4-6 weeks now in week 10 and still nowhere near exchange.

They are remortgaginf and getting a mortgage on out place and estate agent let slip problem with both as a valued put wrong address and remortgage their is an erroneous 2nd charge for housing association!!!! Don't know how much more I can take of this.

Now in limbo when all along I have requested and made it clear we wanted to compete on 3rd.
  • Natbag
    Forumite
    Oh dear, lots of stress in here tonight :(
    Persephone, that sounds stressful. You can always issue the ultimatum but not act on it, it may push things along. See what your EA/sol thinks. Please don't get too worked up though, your's and baby's health is way more important and the last thing you want is baby arriving early and having to move with a newborn.
    howisthisriskfree, having been in your situation I feel your pain. Are you buying another property? It depends on how much time they are willing to allow you as to how long you can afford to give your buyer, if that's the case. I don't think an AIP takes long to get, but it depends how they are going about it I guess. Maybe give them a few days to see if the situation can be rescued. Hang in there.
    Time2go, urgh, that sounds frustrating! It really shouldn't be so difficult, should it?! It still could happen quite quickly though, fingers crossed!
  • Scotbot
    Scotbot Posts: 1,421
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Oh dear Persephone, normally I'd advise a strong GnT but probably not in your case! I doubt an ultimatum will help, it's unlikely the FTB is unaware of the situation more likely there is an issue with raising the funds. It is possible it's in an account with a few days notice required for withdrawals and they didn't realise. Hope it all gets sorted
  • Thanks Nat :)
    No, I'm not buying anywhere else which might be a bit of a blessing. But still annoying, the thought of going back to market depresses me. If you had told me last year it would have taken a year to sell my house I would have told you to get outta here, but this looks a possibility now, unbelievable!

A question, can solicitors pass on a message from me to the buyers solicitor?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback