PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 12th January 2018

Options

Comments

• tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Seems ok weather wise at the moment Dolly has been walked and is sleeping on the sofa
    NMIC Sorry to hear mum wasn't so good yesterday but hopefully she will be better today
    Jackie hugs to all your family especially margaret
    Specky I love to hear about your date nights with your nan would you like to share her ?
    Not much going on today need to pop to DD1s flat as the toilet keeps filling and the builders are coming to look at it between 2-5
    Hugs to all those who are feeling under the weather or who need some extra strength
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Nmlc,
    Could I borrow the recipe for the chicken, bacon & mushroom pie? My DH has put in a request!

Thanks & have a good day

MrsSD:question:
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning lovelies :wave:

NMLC sorry it was a bad visit
    Hollyglad you had a good sleep despite the early start
    Karcher hope your Ok love come back and chat we miss you
    nanny how did the evening go with dad?

Appointment went very well yesterday apart from being there for 4 hours with all the different people I needed to see. £5 for parking thats just wrong :eek: Anyway I saw the surgeon who was lovely had an x ray than back to the surgeon and he put me on his list and sent me straight for the pre op. According to the nurse the list is a max 12 weeks but by opting to be available last minute she said that would bring it forward loads so the clock is ticking. The downside is Im not allowed to travel abroad for 6 weeks before or after the op so the holiday I was planning with my friends is a no no.

Need to make sure I have plenty of home made 'ready meals' in for the rehab so I stopped at Costco on the way back and picked up a large pack of mince, pack of beef, a tub of anchovies and some bacon. Ill crack on this weekend the slow cooker will be demanding overtime :)

Also feel I need to blitz the house so that I dont need to worry about that and keep on top of any washing. As for mum Im afraid she is going to have to manage for the 6 weeks I am not fit to drive ....I will happily do her online order (I can see the bottom lip coming out as I say that) and of course she is welcome to get a taxi and come over (hell will freeze over first) and then of course there is her her other child to help her out.....yeah right:cool: Will be interesting but Im afraid I have to think about me for this one as I really need to get rid of the pain.

Right I have bored you enough so time to crack on.
    Enjoy your day all :A
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anyone else having problems posting? Every time I try to like a post on this page it keeps telling me that I don't have permission to access this page. Then kicks me out of the thread.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Another day in the life of....... OH is back with the dizzies again, so flat on his back in bed. I did manage to get the bed changed whilst he had a wash. To be honest I am more than a bit fed up.

Nurse has been this morning to take a blood test to check for salt levels.

Bed linen in the wash, thank heavens for the dryer!!

No idea whats for supper. OH is not eating again.......he did not eat his supper last night and just one weetbix this morning.
    Hey Ho.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Mrs Salad Dodger - the recipe for the Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom pie is as follows -

Boneless and Skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces, saute them in a large pan (I use my wok), add bacon lardons saute until nearly cooked, then add chopped mushrooms and I cheat and use a jar of white wine cooking sauce or a can of condensed chicken soup (add some milk or water to thin it down but not too much) - just cook this for a few minutes so the sauce is bubbling then transfer to a pie dish and I use a sheet of ready made puff pastry for the pie top and bake in the oven until the pastry is risen and golden - normally at 30 minutes at 200c. Absolutely lovely it is - I make a large one that should really feed 5-6 people but the menfolk here generally have a second helping so it doesn't last long.

I just experimented with different ingredients until I found what worked for us - that's why there's no set amounts.

Hope this helps.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Is anyone else having problems posting? Every time I try to like a post on this page it keeps telling me that I don't have permission to access this page. Then kicks me out of the thread.

no problem here hun ...sorry
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JackieO

I hope Frank has as peaceful a close to his life as possible and that the family can be together as much as possible to help each other through.

One of dd's best friends has just lost his mother who was younger than me so all my dds are encouraging me to eat healthier, get more exercise and use my pedometer to keep an eye on what I do etc.

csarina

I hope DH gets help so he stops feeling so dizzy as not only is it unpleasant for him but worrying for you.

Youngest DD and bf are driving over this morning as it is her birthday today and they are spending the weekend. Not sure if any other dds are staying overnight but got the beds freshly made up in case. Might have to make up the extra trundle bed as it is under the day bed to save space till it is needed.

We are all having a restaurant meal tonight and not sure how many are here tomorrow night for a lasagne and Sunday for roast beef etc.
    Mantra for the new year is to not fuss and try to take things in my stride and enjoy things as they come.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    I have been to town this morning to the bank and Wil*os for some toiletries pour moi. I had expected some for Xmas but no, so I had to buy them. Didn't stay long as the air felt raw and as I'm feeling a little chesty this morning we just did the minimum. I also bought a sympathy card for my friend, I could have made one I suppose, but I don't feel up to getting all the craft stuff out :(. Must be feeling under the weather as I never miss an opportunity to take craft stuff out, look at it , then put it back :rotfl:.
    Dad did turn up for his food but the conversation was strained, all of us were polite but it was like pulling teeth and I was glad when he went home if I'm honest. He will be back on Sunday but the state of play between "us" and him has changed and I can't see a way back.
    So today I'm doing nothing again except sitting on the sofa watching TV. Still have a lot of programmes to catch up on.
    Tea tonight will be easy as there's some pie left from yesterday and will have that with a jacket spuds and a side salad.
    HollyH typical that the one time you can sleep, you have to get up with the alarm. Do you think it was the result of me sending the Sandman yesterday ? Glad you are feeling a bit better too.
    ScarlettR my sincere condolences on the loss of your friend. Seems to be a lot of deaths around at this time of year.
    NMLC hope your Mum is better next time you visit. Perhaps it was the medication that made her confused.
    Nelski Pity we didn't live closer, I could have taken your Mum on while you are incapacitated, I'm a dab hand at it now :rotfl:. Happy that you may not have to wait too long for your op :T.
    Hester hope you are are OK this morning after your fall.
    MrsSD you put me to shame yesterday. Can I borrow you to wipe down my kitchen walls, skirting etc. I'm under strict orders not to go up a ladder unsupervised as I'm more than likely to fall off :rotfl:.
    Cranky I hope the HT is ok and your leg is still making improvements.

Sending healing vibes to the poorlies and a bucket full of hugs to anyone who wants or needs some.
    PS Elona enjoy your meal tonight
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

Late posting from me, DM and I have spent the morning going through her boxes and boxes of jewellery. She has some lovely pieces, some inherited / sentimental pieces and loads of costume stuff too. I really enjoyed doing it with her; I remember her wearing some when I was a child and other pieces which I didn’t know the history of which came from her grandmother.

We’ve now got three piles out of her hoard - keepers, charity shoppers and some to get an expert opinion about. The nearest auction house is the one owned and run by Anita from Antiques Roadshow etc.

After years of asking DM eventually allowed me to throw about the length of my hair which she had kept after I had it cut off in 1979. I was shocked to see how auburn brown it was, I’m now very greying.

Now she’s ‘resting’ by her laptop playing FreeCell! :rotfl:

Get better vibes all round and happy rest of Friday to everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure