Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Amanda_Cm wrote: »
    Our offer was issued today :j:j:j
    So
    7.12 - First offer made
    9.12 - Second offer accepted
    9.12 - Mortgage application with Nationwide
    11.12 - Valuation booked for 21.12
    21.12 - Valuation
    28.12 - Valuation received and approved
    2.01.2018 - Mortgage offer

(The solicitor was instructed but we didn't make first payment yet)
    Good look to everyone else still waiting.
    I'm with Nationwide as well! Seems like we made our application around the same time!
  • We initially applied for a mortgage through Lloyd’s who unfortunately wouldn’t give us the LTV we required.
    Went through the mortgage advice bureau and decided on a mortgage through Nationwide.

Decision in principle agreed on 13th December

Full application made on 14th of December 2017

Valuation organised for 3rd of January

Valuation received and offer made text on 3rd of January

Just awaiting documents now to confirm. 😊 it has been the most unbearable wait especially due to xmas.
  • FTB333
    FTB333 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hi all,

First time buyer here and nervously waiting on mortgage offer from Barclays!

1st Viewing: Saturday 25th November
    2nd Viewing: Saturday 2nd December
    1st Offer made: Saturday 2nd December
    Negotiations and final offer accepted: Monday 4th December
    Mortgage application documents submitted: Monday 11th December
    Valuation: Tuesday 2nd January

Slightly nervous on the valuation, Barclays have used Countrywide who looking online are knowing for quite often devaluing! If anyone has had a good experience please share!
  • gardenia82
    gardenia82 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Joining in! First time buyer on Shared Ownership!
    Acceptance of SO on the property: 11/11
    AIP: Approx. 20/11
    Paid reservation on house: 25/11
    Application finally submitted by IFA and mortgage company accepted all documentation: 15/12
    Then we had a wait because of issues with the solicitor we accepted. On 22/12 we heard that was sorted out and the valuation instructed.
    4/1 (today!) valuation took place.

And now we wait...

IFA predicts we will hear Monday, but who knows? Biting my nails!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2013 #1947 (open the pot on 28th November 2013!)
    Pay Off All Debt by Xmas 2013 #081
    Weight Watchers: started mid January 2013.
    To date (June 23) lost 3 stone 1.2lbs
  • kezzygirl
    kezzygirl Posts: 886 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Our valuation and survey is with countrywide also....I am trying not to read the bad reviews(!) but I am aware they are known for down valuing :(
  • Dolly123
    Dolly123 Posts: 189 Forumite
    We have the Countrywide surveyor valuing our new builds and he is one of my favourites and he's never down-valued any of ours!
  • Spikecast
    Spikecast Posts: 62 Forumite
    Our progress has been quite slow since the 19th December but today we got some good and bad news. Good is that our searches are all done, bad is that the builder have still not passed all info requested by the solicitor and had the cheek to aim for a completion date a week after we agreed. We've put pressure on them now by telling them we are moving out of our rented place in 19 days so they need to hurry up. Our solicitor has been efficient so far though but the builder is holding things up. As things currently stand we are should be moved in around 2-3 weeks time.
  • My mortgage offer was granted in full subject to valuation on 3rd Jan - valuation took place on 4th Jan - broker says should get email confirmation of offer today providing no issues with valuation :D the developers are now selling the houses for more than I've reserved for anyway so shouldn't be any issues

If my broker or mortgage company haven't asked source of deposit, are the solicitors likely to? I haven't instructed them yet just seems odd that some people are being asked and some aren't
    Probably just over thinking it, seems too easy so far about from all the waiting!

Good luck everyone!
  • Sazmag96 wrote: »
    My mortgage offer was granted in full subject to valuation on 3rd Jan - valuation took place on 4th Jan - broker says should get email confirmation of offer today providing no issues with valuation :D the developers are now selling the houses for more than I've reserved for anyway so shouldn't be any issues

Good luck everyone!

Can I just clarify something as this may be confusing to future readers of this thread seeking information. I've noticed it mentioned a couple of times on this thread recently.

You cannot have a mortgage offer before valuation! There can be issues with the property, issues if it needs significant renovation and it was a 95% mortgage etc. etc. Documents can be re-reviewed anytime prior to the mortgage offer being formally issued.

Sazmag, you should have instructed a solicitor at the start. (Who did you put as your solicitor on the mortgage application?!) New builds are usually subject to a 28 day exchange. This is tight even when you have brokers and solicitors lined up from day 1.

I suspect your solicitor will want to see fund proofs because they need to do due diligence to ensure everything is in place for exchange. This includes funds. They will also need proof of the source of the deposit for money laundering checks.

Good luck and I hope the offer comes through today.
  • I have had a fairly hideous first time buying process! I am hoping second property works out better, but I am back to the start, so nervous feelings all over again!

Found Property 1, put an offer on, it was accepted in September 2017.
    Mortgage offered with non high street Building Society.
    Valuation happened, mortgage turned down as property near commercial property.
    Halifax offered mortgage, valuation was fine!
    Survey threw up all sorts of issues, we couldn't agree on price, so I walked away in December.

Property 2 I offered on just before Christmas and it was accepted!
    Mortgage offered again with same non high street building society who said AGAIN they would not lend as they were concerned it was not worth the value offered.
    Now Barclays have agreed in principle, so waiting until valuation happens in 1 week and if they indeed accept me and the property.

I am pulling my hair out all over again as the cost for property 1 that I lost was substantial as I paid fees, valuation, abortive fees with solicitors, which meant I went into my overdraft over those months whilst still trying to save.

Credit rating is still above 900, so i am hoping all is OK and this property becomes my home!

Good luck all, it's a very stressful and not very enjoyable process (for me anyway)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback