PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th October 2017

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Narco - hugs. Hope you get to spend some quality time with her, it's horrible.

Thanks for all your support.

New job whizzing through head so can't sleep (again) because I am thinking - and planning.
    First thing I will do is grab a scribble pad (if there are any) and take stationery out of IN tray so that it can be used as IN tray!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Stand up for yourself atb, you don't have room in your life for caring for an elderly relative. Why you anyways ??!!

Valli I have never suffered a bereavement like yours but I had this feeling when DS was diagnosed that if one really terrible thing could happen in my life then what else could be around the corner? It sort of felt that everything safe and solid wasn't what it seemed and my whole world had shifted out of line somehow. I felt all adrift for a long time x

Wise words. X

((Hugs)), especially to Valli and Narco.

DH took me out for a posh lunch yesteday which was lovely. Being lazy and spoilt suits me, but unfortunately now it seems that my guag has well and truly run away and hidden. If anyone finds it, please send it back as the house has had no attention all week, and I might just sit down and sleep for the rest of the day instead.....
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Twinkle squawked until 4am.. I am dead on my feet and today will comprise of putting the beast to bed and trying to get an afternoon snooze while the neighbours house is being gutted..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    (((Hugs))) Narco and Valli.

*Healing vibes* for you Piggy Bank Shaker.

So sorry to hear your four cousins think their freedom from responsibility is more important than their own mother ATB.

Taking Kelpie to his hydrotherapy now, and when I come back I'll crack on with the listy. Many thanks for it, Natty.
    Better is good enough.
  • PiggyBankShaker
    PiggyBankShaker Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 11 October 2017 at 9:59AM
    Honey_Bear wrote: »

*Healing vibes* for you Piggy Bank Shaker.

Thanks! Much better today, but still chesty and sweating loads (nice - sorry!)

Off to a flying start today. The professional oven cleaner arrived at 9.15 to do our double oven and extractor fan, so I get to have a gleaming oven without lifting a finger! Even had a MAD 30 mins last night in the kitchen in expectation of his arrival, so I got a head start on today, too!

Will tackle the kids bedroom this morning and get an extra coat of paint on my up-cycling project (hallway sideboard) Of course, until it's finished all the shoes are residing in the living room... Get a move on PBS!

DH is away on business all day tomorrow and Friday, so I want to get on top of things before goes to cut down on any anxiety (which I'm prone to...)

Have a great day, lovelies!
    • Mortgage over-payments to date: = £16,746
    • Original redemption date: August 2043
    • Current redemption date: July 2041
    • Debt: £15,930
    • Savings: £12,430
  • Biggest of hugs to Valli and Narco xx
    Piggers - sorry you had such a rubbish night, hope you manage to get some shut-eye today xx
    Hope hydrotherapy goes well HB xx

Thanks for your supportive comments ladies, you are all so lovely. Sometimes I feel like I'm surrounded by people in RL who are on another planet to me!

Got a couple of froggie issues that I hope are sorted this week - sent an !!!!!y letter special delivery this morning to one of the organisations in question that I am doing battle with, threatened to refer it to local MP, let's see if that gets me anywhere!

Living room thoroughly cleaned this morning, will go and pop a wash on shortly and make a :coffee: , plenty to go round so help yourselves xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks for the cuppa ATB! Much needed.

I have given myself a kick up the proverbial. I resisted calling off a morning jog with a friend, and to be fair we walked for most of it but at least we were outside. I've showered and hair tamed, and have stripped the beds and the first load is in the WM now. Yesterday's just-about-dry washing has been moved to the airing cupboard. I'm now going to pick bits off the last 3 days' lists to try to catch up a bit before a volunteering meeting at lunchtime. School meeting later, as well, which is at that really awkward time when it isn't worth DD coming home, but also too long to hang around. Because I am evil, she may have to come and do the grocery shopping with me to save driving back and forth more than once.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,996 Forumite
    Piggers - sorry you had such a rubbish night, hope you manage to get some shut-eye today xx

No chance.. a wall is being knocked down next door! :/

WM|x1
    DWx2
    clean laundry folded.. 3 loads!
    pj's sorted for tonight

I need to fling something in the SC for dinner.. to avoid the temptation to do freezer crap for the smalls and just not feed myself again.. Dance class for 2 of them.

need to ring yodel about my 'no its not in the blue bin' card and the royal mail it is 'not returned to sender' item.. gggrrrr
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oops, is it afternoon already?

So far flying, I have only emptied the DW. But I have finished 2 lots of homework. I do have some more reading but don't need to finish that for another 10 days so I've printed what's good to go, and will pace myself for the rest ;)

Have also done some stretches and a bit of rebounder jogging - my hips are achey so I thought that would be gentle and kind on them.

Booked table for dinner for this eve. No cooking or washing up. Yaay. Will check their online menu I think so I can help the kids choose. DS will want something that comes with chips, but without the chips, lol. And DD is the opposite. So will see if there is anything we can switcheroo. FIL is going to meet us too, since MIL is away. I gather he is busy with golfing each day but I'm conscious he's home alone in the afternoons and evenings.

Next job is peel some apples and make some jam-type substance. Plus, I think I've given in about the selling pile. So I'll sort it to take to the chazzer on Friday, one that was recently broken into. I have some Ikea bags I can use, don't think I can park outside...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Afternoon all :wave:

I'm still gutting the house in an attempt to make it habitable enough to move back into at the end of the month. I've done eight hours of cleaning, sorting and flinging of detritus and old toys/clothes and clutter and only one room looks any better for it :eek:

The dust is horrendous and the cobwebs magnificent (might save them until after Hallowe'en).

Need to chat with DH tonight to make a few decisions on items then tomorrow will be another flingy day!

I need to buy a folding step ladder, storage for on the top of a wardrobe, new duvets, pillows and bedding for the boys' bunk beds and wash the minging curtains, but it is at least looking a little more cared for.

I'm jolly cream-crackered now though. My finger is hurting where I tried to chop it off with the axe on Monday and the disinfectant is stinging, so I've stopped for a cuppa and a snooze before the school run.

Still catching up on the news, but hugs for Valli x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport