PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Comments

• CurlyTop
    CurlyTop Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi

Apologies for late post .... another day at the coalface! !!

I've finally gotten through to docs and am going in tomorrow to have my knee looked at - jarred it on hols back in July when I slipped on pool of water I didn't see.

I've also got a prescription to pick up for amitryptiline which the doc is gonna try me on of an evening in the hope it eases pain and I get some rest so hopefully wake refreshed. My doc knows I hate taking tablets and to be fair I only take them when i'm having bad days, but lately these seem to be more frequent than ever.

Infrared Sauna Spa is on the roundabout at Childwall Five ways. They are also opening a second spa nearer to me. It will be on Walton Vale ...The main thoroughfare through to Aintree Racecourse between mid-end of October.

The first few minutes I was unsure of the spa because the heat felt too warm ...probably not helped because I was cold and damp from flaming rain however drinking plenty of water helped quite quickly.

Sorry to hear it's a no no for now Cranky but if it's any help the sweaty/ glowing bits were my face and chest .... then again not helped by having big boobies haha. Don't recollect leg sweats but better to be safe than sorry until your leg feels better.

I also found this good because I don't like water/ pools etc so ideal sitting down and having a read.

Big hugs to all .... Keep fighting the good fight ..together
    I got there - I'm debt free and intend to stay that way. If I haven't got the cash, it doesn't get bought. It's as simple as that.
  • CurlyTop
    Ooh and Wednesday ..... don't think I'l be buying an Infrared for home.... my home is small although come to think of it..... there's a rollover on Euro millions tonight :)
    I got there - I'm debt free and intend to stay that way. If I haven't got the cash, it doesn't get bought. It's as simple as that.
  • I'm not feeling that bad this week, but I can't be bothered to go out and get my flu jab today. I rebooked my dental checkup for next week instead as well.

I just don't feel like going out again this week after going on to my therapist on Monday.:o I might get the flu jab Thursday or Friday if I feel like it.:D
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Now that sounds like what I could do with! I fear my people-phobia would kick in if I visited somewhere (even if Liverpool was do-able for me :rotfl: ) but something of my own, at home.... perfect!

Yes, I think I would prefer to have one in my own home too.

I did see one on ebay yesterday for £179, I suppose if you used it regularly it would be worth it.
    CurlyTop wrote: »
    Ooh and Wednesday ..... don't think I'l be buying an Infrared for home.... my home is small although come to think of it..... there's a rollover on Euro millions tonight :)

Haha, did you have to be naked in the sauna or do you wear a swimming costume?
  • CurlyTop
    Hi Wednesday

Yes you wear a swimsuit in the spa. PerishThe thought of nakedness. Haha
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Wednesday

:eek::eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Wednesday

Another good reason for buying your own sauna pod to have at home!! :rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • CurlyTop
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Another good reason for buying your own sauna pod to have at home!! :rotfl:

Lamewolf - how right you are. Hence why I'm back in the lotto tonight. Although I'm sure there's something not right there - remember their mott 'you have to be in it to win it' ...well I go in it and win nowt !!!

I'm very conscientious about being seen in costumes etc but I thought, blow it, I'm in my fifties and too much pain to be bothered. Also the fact you end up in the room with your pod, the only other person that will see you is if you take a friend or possibly one other person. I'll just leave them traumatised but at least I'll be happy with the heat.

I'm on the amitryptiline now to help with the fact that I am not sleeping of a night and wake up feeling like I've been run over by a steam roller. Day 2 and I'm more groggier today than yesterday. After having an afternoon nap, I remembered why ... I didn't sleep last night too good :rotfl: you couldn't make it up.

The problem isn't helped by the jarred knee I've got which the docs think is either a torn cartilage or menisci. Have a hospital appointment at the end of November to check it out.

Big hugs to all x
  • I saw an infrared sauna on ebay for £130, it's from Germany.

Hmm. I might think about getting one as I worked out it would be cheaper than going to a salon. It's £5 for only 10 minutes in the nearest salon to where I live!

I would have to see what happens with my husband's job before I fork out money for it, though.
    I'm on the amitryptiline now to help with the fact that I am not sleeping of a night and wake up feeling like I've been run over by a steam roller. Day 2 and I'm more groggier today than yesterday. After having an afternoon nap, I remembered why ... I didn't sleep last night too good :rotfl: you couldn't make it up.

I hope it levels out for you. I couldn't handle taking amitryptiline either.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 October 2017 at 2:07PM
    I'm having a housework day today. A very slow and careful housework day but a housework day at last. The HT carried the hoover downstairs for me :) He did offer to help but he's gone back upstairs to do his own room instead. I finally have the correct dressing on my leg after an interesting few days and a polite request to my gp's practice manager to sort it out before I submitted a formal complaint. I had an apology and everything has been dealt with correctly but it really shouldn't be that stressful. I showed her a photo of what I've done to my leg :D and she did say she was sorry that I've been messed around so much. I've finished my antibiotics so I no longer feel like I have sleeping sickness. I never realised before what an effect they have - I've been too ill to notice when I've had them previously I think. I've never had to take them as just as a precaution and it's made me much more aware that they are a strong form of medication.

I'm still eating things that I've already made out of the freezer as opposed to cooking but that is not a bad thing because there is very little room to put anything else in the freezer. I have done a freezer audit though to tie in with JackieO's Love food, hate waste thread and the Grocery Challenge thread so it's all good. The HT made a pineapple upside down cake in food technology yesterday so that's me happy. Unexpected cake is always good.

Oh and interestingly the nurse at the doctors said I shouldn't have a flu jab as I'm allergic to egg (not anaphylactic shock allergic, just itchy rash allergic but still....). We may have finally arrived at the reason why I'm so ill if I have the jab.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I hope it levels out for you. I couldn't handle taking amitryptiline either.
    They gave me Amy-on-a-trampoline for depression many years ago - suffice it to say I was so far away with the Faeries that I was a danger to myself and others! :eek:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure