PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Comments

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    maddie I hope you managed your day out and escaped the winds .
    You'll have to keep the riot act going on a loop , she put her health at risk and is wearing you down in the process . Better to have something suitable lined up than end up with no input if things worsen .

Thanks LW for the info on the gadget . I'll get DD to explain it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.
    I hope dd feels better soon Tink , try to take it easy when you can .

The sauna treatment sounds good CT too far for me I'd be exhausted before I got there . We will be travelling to BG on Wednesday for high noon with the elusive consultant . I'm ready complete with bullet list of the whole sorry saga .
    Take care .
    Hope everyone is ok .
    I need to make a list for tomorrow and the brain aint working .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,712
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It's near Childwall Fiveways cranky which is out of town . If you know Queens drive you'd be heading that way . Quite a journey for you . Any progress on the leg? It's been a few weeks now so you must be bored silly by now .
    polly

I get very lost in Liverpool. I can find the airport and Costco. You have no idea how proud of myself I was when I found Sefton park (which is lovely by the way).

Ummm...the leg....I'm trying not to update on it as I'm trying not to be self centred but you asked so here goes. The area of necrosis hasn't budged but the gel that they are using to try and remove it spreads to my skin when they apply the dressing so first the normal skin below the hardened bit blistered and now it's an open weeping sore. Today the nurse looked at it and said "oh my goodness, you poor thing". She's dressed it as two separate problems for the first time (different nurse and she was good). She's managed to barrier dress the open wound while still putting the gel on the necrosis. I'm switching to our doctor's surgery for dressings from Wednesday as that's 2 minutes away by car and it will be easier as it looks like it's going to take longer than they thought.

The house troll brought a friend home this afternoon who was full of bravado and was saying he wanted to see "IT" at the cinema. I showed him my leg - he no longer thinks horror films are his thing :rotfl: I'm also contemplating putting a photo on the grocery challenge as I reckon it would put most people off their dinner so they'd all come in under budget :rotfl: Thank goodness for a sense of humour huh?

Like Candy I'd like to send everyone a hug, and Candy, I was 50 in May. It had minimal impact as I was so reluctant to celebrate (the late MrC was 50 when he died) so my friends and I went out for a birthday breakfast instead. It was perfect. I paid for everyone (cost me the grand total of about £65 for 12 people at an "eat as much as you want" breakfast buffet), and we laughed, had fun and then went our own way from about 11am full and happy for the rest of the day. I felt much less obliged to be excited about the whole thing and actually, much to my surprise I enjoyed it.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    That nurse sounds wonderful cranky at least you know what the surgery should do dressing wise . Funny how lads aren't so brave when confronted with reality . I always think a sense of humour is good thing to have , it helps you turn situations around especially if you have a good sense of irony .
    It's good you can manage to drive so that's a positive . i know Liverpool quite well , knew it better in the 50s and 60s but a lot has changed over the years . It is a long trip especially with the one way systems that appeared in recent times . I reckon we all need a tardis , life would be much easier although I'd probably go the wrong way and find myself with the cybermen .
    Hope you sleep well tonight .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What's happened to your leg CRANKY? I've missed the details, soz :(
    Your 50th sounds ideal.We're having a family meal out on the day, my Grandkids are coming n are very excited, n I will go out with friends at a later date.Not in the mood at all, but will pin a smile on n endure 😁
    Just tried to watch Liar, n naughty Bon had her "good tv" radar on, so had me up n down all the way through it! Little female dog :mad::rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,712
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    A lot of my friends still have youngish children so would have had to pay for babysitters and so on. By having our meal at breakfast time the children were at school and we still had the rest of the day afterwards to finish any jobs that needed doing. There was no requirement for dressing up either.....

Candy, I fell down 5 stairs, indoors and smacked my head on the wall at the bottom for good measure. What looked like a scrape has turned into a haematoma and the dead skin is turning out to be more difficult that it was originally thought that it would be to remove.

I bought some pom pom wool from Aldi last week because it was cheap. I've never used it before but it's proving to be a welcome distraction. I think I'm making a scarf with it - it's often used for pram blankets I think but it's very soft and snuggly.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The therapy went okay again yesterday. We did some visualisation work which was relaxing. I have to try to relax, close my eyes and try and imagine my safe "happy" place a few times before next week.

I felt a lot more confident going into London which was good. It helped that it was a lovely sunny day as the week before it had been raining.:)
    CurlyTop wrote: »
    Oh and btw, I hear that Lady Gaga swears by these - as she has recently talked about her fibromyalgia also. Oooh get me .... who knew I had the same taste. rotfl

Yes, I read that too!:D

I did look up infrared saunas after I read about the benefits to people with fibro. They have infrared therapy at a beauty salon not far from me. I may try that at some point.
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all...

And a very chilly morning it is here!

Cranky - pom pom wool will make a VERY snuggly blanket for a pram...lucky little-one who get that!

I need to sort out a couple of Nurse appointments today....One is a 5-year check up(BP, height/weight...cholesterol..et.c) which is offered to everyone over 50 (I think)...the other is my own annual check-up with thee nurse (general check with special check on breathing/chest ...and I get my flu-jab too)....My logic says why not combine the 2 appointments...but the GP surgery seem to want to keep it as 2 appointments...

Plus I am looking at moving my main surgery...it is a 3-site practice and since I moved house a few years ago I am MUCH nearer a different branh of the same centre...I already have most appointments there, but my 'named' GP only holds surgery at the old (Main) centre...so I may need to leave him and register with a different GP within the Practice...I know I can see any of the GPs there, but only my named GP is allowed to prescribe one of my meds.

My new glasses should be ready tomorrow...I will finally get to see what I look like in them!

Hope everyone is staying warm and as fit as conditions allow!
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I hope the health check goes okay Prinzessilein.

I meant to say in my other post that you can buy a portable infrared sauna for your home. I would need to try one before I spent that type of money, though.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I meant to say in my other post that you can buy a portable infrared sauna for your home. I would need to try one before I spent that type of money, though.
    Now that sounds like what I could do with! I fear my people-phobia would kick in if I visited somewhere (even if Liverpool was do-able for me :rotfl: ) but something of my own, at home.... perfect!

I've only ever used a "normal" sauna once; back in 2007 Mr LW and I visited the Isle of Skye for our holiday, and we stayed overnight at The Lodge At Loch Lomond on the way up; it was all very posh (and expensive) and each room had it's own little sauna - so we had to give it a go, would've been rude not to. :D Anyways, it did wonders for my aching bones; and it's an experience I'd love to repeat. :o

I am cross today; we popped into S/Drug to get some anti-snoring spray for Mr LW as he's run out. They had a 3-for-2 offer, so of course we got three. Only after traipsing round the F&V market and Moribunds did we get home, I went to open one for him to put to use tonight - to find that only two of the packs actually had product in! Someone must've palmed the little vial and put the empty box back on the shelf, and I didn't notice the weight discrepancy because they are small enough to carry all three in one hand. So we had to trundle all the way back into town to get it sorted; which has left me all behind on the day's tasks, and 'orribly short of energy, to boot. Well, I just hope the thieving pondlife who stole the vial chokes on the contents!:mad:

Cranky GWS wishes for your poorly leg; let's hope you get the really good nurse again to dress it, hey?
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    A lot of my friends still have youngish children so would have had to pay for babysitters and so on. By having our meal at breakfast time the children were at school and we still had the rest of the day afterwards to finish any jobs that needed doing. There was no requirement for dressing up either.....

Candy, I fell down 5 stairs, indoors and smacked my head on the wall at the bottom for good measure. What looked like a scrape has turned into a haematoma and the dead skin is turning out to be more difficult that it was originally thought that it would be to remove.

I bought some pom pom wool from Aldi last week because it was cheap. I've never used it before but it's proving to be a welcome distraction. I think I'm making a scarf with it - it's often used for pram blankets I think but it's very soft and snuggly.
    Ouchy CRANKY.That sounds really painful hun :( Hope it heals asap
    Brrrr i'm fteezing today, n both pooches are cuddled up together, so ìt must be cold :rotfl:
    Couldn't get to sleep last night, so read until silly am again .It's a good job i'm a bookworm these days :rotfl:
    Healing huggles to all xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills