Black Friday console reductions

Dandytf
Dandytf Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
edited 19 November 2019 at 9:04PM in Gaming MoneySaving
Is Black Friday honestly worth it in terrms of console reductions.
I'm still deciding between xbox or ps4 which went up from 209 to 249 with c.o.d 2019 recently.
My fault as i was still deciding which one to return to.
Any possibility that either bundle could reduce down to 209 again or best just to buy one asap.
Not taking next gen into consideration for this years c.o.d.
Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.

Comments

• almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I will guarantee you one thing - there will be Black Friday offers on consoles and you'd be mad not to wait at this point. I can't tell you how much. I got my XBox One X last year, with 2 Forza games (which I wanted) for a good price.
    You're aware of the products out there - if there's a bundle you want, watch it, and if there's no games you want, see how much they're worth to sell. Then you're ready when it comes to weigh up the offers.
    As a gross generalisation, surely the PS4 Pro and XBox One X will both get roughly £50 off across the board.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Thanks mser's

Let's see if ps4 pro and or xbox x drop considerably in a week or two.
    I'm keeping my return to consoles as inexpensive as possible.
    Though i enjoy my 2015 sony 43" non hdr t.v. A 4K console could make use of that.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
  • Xbox s digital is £129 including 3 games in Lidl FYI
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,688
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Too late for this year now now, but we got our Switch for £100 worth of nectar points in Sainsbury's double up offer last year - not sure if they sell PS4's and/or Xboxes.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Xbox s digital is £129 including 3 games in Lidl FYI

Very good offer , maybe it could be available this weekend.

Thanks
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Very good offer , maybe it could be available this weekend.

Thanks

Depends how much stock your local store gets in.
    Could get lucky though.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Depends how much stock your local store gets in.
    Could get lucky though.

Approx 1 min drive
    Haven't yet visited lidl's
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Xbox s digital is £129 including 3 games in Lidl FYI
    Visited Lidl last night
    Xbox digi on sale from next fri 8 a.m.
  • We bought an X box last year in the black friday sales, think it was either £160 or £170 in Smyths, came with a minecraft bundle, think we added fallout 4 for £35 instead of £50 too.
    Definitely wait, I jumped the gun early thinking I had a good deal from Argos on the Thursday and prices dropped again Friday so cancelled the first order and bought again.
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    We bought an X box last year in the black friday sales, think it was either £160 or £170 in Smyths, came with a minecraft bundle, think we added fallout 4 for £35 instead of £50 too.
    Definitely wait, I jumped the gun early thinking I had a good deal from Argos on the Thursday and prices dropped again Friday so cancelled the first order and bought again.

Thanks I've managed to resist 249 c.o.d. Ps4 though I grudge paying that after I paid full cost previously.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure