Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • perfect10
    • By perfect10 19th Nov 19, 7:38 AM
    • 372Posts
    • 361Thanks
    perfect10
    Royal Mail fail to deliver
    • 19th Nov 19, 7:38 AM
    Royal Mail fail to deliver 19th Nov 19 at 7:38 AM
    I sold an item on ebay and used special delivery 1 day service (11 postage) as it was an expensive item.
    We were able to track and the following day the tracking stated 'refused' the same the day after and the parcel was returned to me.

The buyer has not refused delivery and has never even seen the delivery, no calling card had been left and he is naturally angry as the item has not arrived and I still have over 100 of his money! He still wants the item but I am not prepared to pay another 11 postage.

I have contacted Royal Mail to find out whether this can be delivered at no extra cost as this is their fault for not delivering correctly. But still waiting for response. Item should have been delivered last Wednesday so already nearly a week late.

Anyone got any experience of this?
    Entering a few comps here and there still waiting for that elusive 'big' win!!
Page 1
    • lindens
    • By lindens 19th Nov 19, 8:28 AM
    • 2,576 Posts
    • 7,316 Thanks
    lindens
    • 19th Nov 19, 8:28 AM
    • 19th Nov 19, 8:28 AM
    I think you need to put your delivery to the buyer and your complaint with RM into 2 scenarios. The buyer deserves his item promptly. It is not your fault RM fouled up but it is your responsibility to give the buyer good customer service. Send it again at your own expense for now,
    then the customer is placated. In the meantime have a claim against RM going on in the background
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 19th Nov 19, 8:32 AM
    • 6,871 Posts
    • 5,851 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    • 19th Nov 19, 8:32 AM
    • 19th Nov 19, 8:32 AM
    Hi,

how come it was refused if buyer didn't refuse it, is the address correct or were RM trying to deliver to wrong address?
    Y'all take care now.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 19th Nov 19, 8:39 AM
    • 13,030 Posts
    • 29,134 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    • 19th Nov 19, 8:39 AM
    • 19th Nov 19, 8:39 AM
    I think you need to put your delivery to the buyer and your complaint with RM into 2 scenarios. The buyer deserves his item promptly. It is not your fault RM fouled up but it is your responsibility to give the buyer good customer service. Send it again at your own expense for now,
    then the customer is placated. In the meantime have a claim against RM going on in the background
    Originally posted by lindens
    I agree with this.

Get the item to the buyer and put in a complaint to RM.

I had a parcel last week that I think they did not even try to deliver as the customer said they had been at home and had not received a card when the tracking said otherwise. The tracking was updated at 3.10am which seemed a bit strange as well.

She went and collected it.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 19th Nov 19, 2:39 PM
    • 35,097 Posts
    • 29,771 Thanks
    custardy
    • 19th Nov 19, 2:39 PM
    • 19th Nov 19, 2:39 PM
    I would be double checking the address.
    • perfect10
    • By perfect10 20th Nov 19, 7:44 AM
    • 372 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    perfect10
    • 20th Nov 19, 7:44 AM
    • 20th Nov 19, 7:44 AM
    I would be double checking the address.
    Originally posted by custardy

The address is correct. However it is flats and so the postperson may have just tried to deliver to anyone and they could have just refused but this is not acceptable when there is a flat number on the parcel.

I have offered the buyer a total refund of item.
    RM state they tried to deliver twice last week but the item was refused twice - this makes no sense as once refused why would they then try again?!

Therefore I am not prepared to send again until I have heard back further from RM as the same could happen.
    • TripleH
    • By TripleH 20th Nov 19, 9:52 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    TripleH
    • 20th Nov 19, 9:52 PM
    • 20th Nov 19, 9:52 PM
    Is it a new address? I am in a new property and have had endless issues with Royal Mail delivering. They say the postcode isn't valid but yet have still managed to deliver some items.
    Wherever you go, whatever you do Richard Marx is right there waiting for you.

Sweet dreams!
    • perfect10
    • By perfect10 22nd Nov 19, 8:23 AM
    • 372 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    perfect10
    • 22nd Nov 19, 8:23 AM
    • 22nd Nov 19, 8:23 AM
    Is it a new address? I am in a new property and have had endless issues with Royal Mail delivering. They say the postcode isn't valid but yet have still managed to deliver some items.
    Originally posted by TripleH

It could well be, but buyer says has not had problems before. I think it is just lazy staff or new untrained staff who have put refused on the parcel when actually it wasn't!

3 days later and I still have not had a response from RM - poor customer service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

262Posts Today

2,435Users online

Martin's Twitter