how long for v poor credit score to change to fair

hi I have a very poor credit score below 250 on transunion. It is because I have 6 - 8 defaults/ unknown status and 2 CJJ. they are all from 3 years ago. I was briefly out of uk and these are all small credits had then. They add up to roughly 3000 pounds. If I pay all of them in full, how long until I can expect at least a fair credit score and maybe apply for mortgage?

I don't have any loans or credits now except my car insurance which I pay regularly. If I pay all my debts on credit score, can I expect my score to be fair in few months? anyone with similar experience?

Comments

• It will change randomly, so it could change at any time, or perhaps never. But that's not important as it's not a factor in lending.

What you need for a mortgage is the best credit files you can get, so make sure you use a broker. The longer you maintain the history, the better. Get all your debts settled.

Use a broker if in any doubt.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    R1876 wrote: »
    hi I have a very poor credit score below 250 on transunion. It is because I have 6 - 8 defaults/ unknown status and 2 CJJ. they are all from 3 years ago. I was briefly out of uk and these are all small credits had then. They add up to roughly 3000 pounds. If I pay all of them in full, how long until I can expect at least a fair credit score and maybe apply for mortgage?

I don't have any loans or credits now except my car insurance which I pay regularly. If I pay all my debts on credit score, can I expect my score to be fair in few months? anyone with similar experience?

How did you let it get like this ?

Why did you not have direct debits set up ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure