Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • strangeotron
    • By strangeotron 17th Nov 19, 3:10 PM
    • 578Posts
    • 403Thanks
    strangeotron
    Myhermes sending to Argos Click and Collect
    • 17th Nov 19, 3:10 PM
    Myhermes sending to Argos Click and Collect 17th Nov 19 at 3:10 PM
    I've sold some dvd's on ebay and the buyer has given me an address that's listed as "argos in sainsburys" which I presume to be a click and collect point. I'm not familiar with these at all. I will be sending this via myhermes (as advertised), using the parcel automated point at the local shop. Can I do this? Will they deliver to Argos click and collect or will I have to ask the buyer for a residential address?

Thanks. Speedy replies would be appreciated (for obvious reasons )
Page 1
    • steviebabes
    • By steviebabes 17th Nov 19, 3:14 PM
    • 1,673 Posts
    • 829 Thanks
    steviebabes
    • 17th Nov 19, 3:14 PM
    • 17th Nov 19, 3:14 PM
    It will be fine, don't worry, just make sure the reference number is on the address label.
    • strangeotron
    • By strangeotron 17th Nov 19, 3:15 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    strangeotron
    • 17th Nov 19, 3:15 PM
    • 17th Nov 19, 3:15 PM
    THanks, do you mean the series of letters starting 'eCP'?

Theres no number in the address other than the postcode
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 17th Nov 19, 5:22 PM
    • 4,619 Posts
    • 3,963 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 17th Nov 19, 5:22 PM
    • 17th Nov 19, 5:22 PM
    I have sent tons of things to click and collect places by My Hermes without problem. The eCP ref is what the staff put in the system so the buyer can be alerted to come and collect the item. So it needs to be on the label.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Nov 19, 5:31 PM
    • 62,964 Posts
    • 45,331 Thanks
    soolin
    • 17th Nov 19, 5:31 PM
    • 17th Nov 19, 5:31 PM
    I've sold some dvd's on ebay and the buyer has given me an address that's listed as "argos in sainsburys" which I presume to be a click and collect point. I'm not familiar with these at all. I will be sending this via myhermes (as advertised), using the parcel automated point at the local shop. Can I do this? Will they deliver to Argos click and collect or will I have to ask the buyer for a residential address?

Thanks. Speedy replies would be appreciated (for obvious reasons )
    Originally posted by strangeotron
    Whatever you do don't ask the buyer for a different address, you won't be covered by PayPal seller protection unless you send to the address already given.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • strangeotron
    • By strangeotron 17th Nov 19, 10:11 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    strangeotron
    • 17th Nov 19, 10:11 PM
    • 17th Nov 19, 10:11 PM
    I have sent tons of things to click and collect places by My Hermes without problem. The eCP ref is what the staff put in the system so the buyer can be alerted to come and collect the item. So it needs to be on the label.
    Originally posted by mrcol1000
    Thanks, i've done that and sent it off. Hopefully there won't be a problem. I've had no issues with myhermes thus far. Don't really understand why ebay doesn't list it as a delivery option tbh though. It's just RM or Ebay couriers (who don't operate locally)
    • biscit
    • By biscit 22nd Nov 19, 10:14 AM
    • 958 Posts
    • 791 Thanks
    biscit
    • 22nd Nov 19, 10:14 AM
    • 22nd Nov 19, 10:14 AM
    Absolutely no issue with myHermes delivering to Argos C&C, in fact possibly fewer issues than having them deliver to a private house. They'll deliver there as readily as any other address.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

21Posts Today

4,608Users online

Martin's Twitter