Cabot

Hi I was made bankrupt in august and today recieved a letter from marbles saying they had sold my debt on to cabot, included in the envelope was a letter from cabot saying that they have brought the debt and are now responsible for managing my debt, it goes on to say they are aware of the bankruptcy against but wish me to forward all my bankruptcy details to them, Should I ? do I have to? or do I just ignore

Comments

• elljay
    elljay Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You shouldn't have to as the details they need for their records will all be shown in the Gazette which they seem to have anyway. But you might as well send them a copy of your order as not, just so they can update their files and hopefully won't hassle you any more.

You can just ignore but they might continue to send boring letters. I found that once companies had had a copy of my br order they stopped writing any more.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    They have no remedy to collect on this debt, as you were bankrupt, its just a case of dotting the i`s, and crossing the t`s to be honest, to put this one to bed permanently.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thanks for the replys, I wasnt sure if I was best to ignore it as I dont have any debt with them as they brought the debt on the 30th Aug and I was Declared Br on the 6th August and the debt would have been included in that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure