What small DFW things will you do w/c 11/11/19?

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 November 2019 at 8:51PM
    Morning all :)
    Today's list:
    Wash hair with everasting shampoo bar and leave to dry naturally (Done)
    Finish off some fruit that was lurking in the fridge for breakfast, doing quite well at fridge clearing! (Done)
    Other than that, I will hopefully finish the gardening project I started yesterday Done, took a few paving slabs up in an odd corner between a small raised bed and where 2 paths intersected, dug it over, and converted it into a small herb bed. Used plants I already had, which had outgrown their pots. Nothing spent :) I have offered the half dozen concrete slabs on freecycle.
    And experiment with the idea of an orange drizzle cake - I will use the recipe for lemon drizzle and reduce the sugar I think (though I usually reduce the sugar in cake recipes - love cake, but not overly sweet ones) Done, nice but I think I will cut down the sugar a bit more if I make it again (which I may well do on occasions when there is a lurking orange!)
    Pack a coat that I have sold on ebay, nice coat, way too posh for my lifestyle now :rotfl:Not yet, cleaned bathroom instead. Will do it tomorrow morning.
    Dinner will be the fishcakes I made yesterday With chilli jam, yum!

And see where I get to after that!
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Good morning :)

plans for today are

make/eat porridge and frozen fruit for breakfast

pack up a painting I have sold ready to post

hang the laundry on the airer

go to The Range to buy some small picture frames ready to frame some paintings to go in a posh new cafe that is opening this weekend

do some surveys

follow menu planner and start making list for the shopping

tonight we are going out to a footie match - special offer tickets at a fiver each! OH bought them.

return some work boots we bought DS as they appear to have given us 2 right feet!:rotfl:

Have a fab day all :)
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Morning guys :D I feel a little better today. Hoping this is going to be the start of getting better...

oh has been away for a few days and gets back this evening. Be nice to see him

need to take dog for walk

washing in machine & double spin

leftovers for dinner. Have a couple of meals of los so will be a patchwork meal!

need to iron some fabric so doing all ironing

TOMM

did a job search. Just dipping my toes at the moment....

make madam's pack lunch for tomorrow

think will bake a cake and make oat cakes

read newsletter
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all!

Today I have/will:
    * Do washing up
    * Check banks
    * Make lunch to take to work
    * Park for free a mile or so from town and walk to work
    * Check OP/PA
    * Cashout on PA (£9.43)
    * Make CC overpayment
    * Update spreadsheet
    * Go to gym at lunch
    * Make meal plan
    * Make shopping list
    * Shop to list and use lidl voucher
    * Dinner from stores

Hope you all have a good day!
    Starting again..
  • I've completed some more surverys on Toluna. I think I'm up to 12,000 points now. I do seem to keep being told I'm not what they're looking for though so probably missing out on loads of points there.

Sausage and Egg sarnie for dinner last night. My partner went to bed for a few hours to get some kip before starting her night shift and that was what I can find to cook myself. We had planned to do stir fry for both of us but she didn't feel up to it and wanted to get some kip.

Checked into the app Emma and all is looking well. Waiting for my partners pay day on Friday when she will transfer more money across and things should look even better.

I really wish I'd started properly budgeting when I was younger. I'm going to be teaching my kids for sure.
    Tesco [STRIKE]£7647.88[/STRIKE] £7,488.96 Asda [STRIKE]£2,552[/STRIKE] £2,300 Virgin [STRIKE]££4,204.95[/STRIKE] £4,204.95
    Halifax [STRIKE]£2,853[/STRIKE] £2,796.64 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£7,866.32[/STRIKE] £7,866.32 Wedding £488 EF £63
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Oh OnlyPariah.... I really want a sausage and egg sarnie now!! Re: teaching kids, my two love to find a bargain, they check online for prices for different shops, they look in cex for 2nd hand games rather then buy new (most of the time!) I still need to remind them to check the prices in the supermarket when comparing different size products by getting them to look at the £/kg etc but they know most of my tricks now! :)
    Dnms Glad to hear you're feeling more like yourself this morning :)
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,105 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Nice to catch up with what you've all been up too. DNMS & CLF, it sounds as though you are both back in the game. Good to hear you are starting to feel better.
    CCL - I smiled over the 'No ketchup' crisis. I thought 'No way would I call in just to pick up ketchup no matter how desperate anyone was'..........before remembering an occasion when I realised very late one night I'd GOT NO MARMITE for my breakfast toast the next day! Got in the car, hurled it the mile to the nearest supermarket that opened till 10pm, screeched to a halt practically in the doorway & just managed to get a jar by the skin of my teeth before they closed! So I take back my smug thought! I did exactly the same as your son, only with a different product!
    1LL - I agree about looking in CEX. Mr F has found blu-rays in there which are on his wish list for a fraction of the price & usually they look like they've barely been played. He's a ig film fan so he muct have saved a small fortune over the years by keeping an eye on their stock.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 November 2019 at 9:32PM
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Priority
    :heartpuls 1 - Go to the gym - gym buddy won’t be there BUT I need to get back to losing weight as a priority done
    :heartpuls 2 - Go to lldl, to use the 2nd £10 off a £40 shop voucher that my mum got me (priority as its last day to use it ) - list is ready with lots of store cupboard items on. done
    :heartpuls 3 - Must remember to do correctly del survey done

Kitchen
    :heart2: Ran the dishwasher on the quick wash and emptied
    :heart2: Washed a load on the quick 30 degree wash

:heart2: Make butternut/coconut milk/chilli soup again as the whole family loved it. cooking now plus a leek and potato soup as I got some chicken stock I made the other day to use up
    :heart2: Cook two chickens at the same time to make the most of the oven cooking now
    :heart2: Make lunch box treats either Welsh Cakes or Melting moments made 30 choc chip cookies and a use it up banana/fruit loaf - neither recipe has been tried before but its to use up a can of condensed milk
    :heart2: Make families lunches for tomorrow done

Getting organised
    :heart2: Iron just what needs doing, mainly dh’s work shirts (back to jumper season now so I won’t bother ironing tshirts)
    :heart2: Re-hem ds1s school trousers whilst the iron is out
    :heart2: Wrap some more xmas gifts - little and often. done
    :heart2: Sort out my bookshelf in the kitchen as its become a dumping ground. done
    :heart2: Sort email inboxes and unsubscribe from what I can. done
    :heart2: Booked dh's car in for service - which means he will definitely get to wfh on Friday :D
    :heart2: Booked my dentist check up using their app rather then a phone call (so much better as their hold music is the worst I've come across!
    :heart2: Renewed energy deal after checking with mse, also going to be paying £7 less a month for it - it was hard work changing to this supplier a few years ago, various problems but since then the renewals have always been competitive, I wish the same could be said about cars insurances etc!

This week I’d also like to

:heart: Touch up paint in the spare room - after dh chucked a mug of coffee over it months ago!
    :heart: Take books back to the library as I don’t think we’ll be able to get there at the weekend as normal
    :heart: Take a bag of stuff to the charity shop
    :heart: Take a bag to the fabric recycling box in Mr T
    :heart: Do some surveys
    :heart: General decluttering/tidying

Didn't get round to the ironing/hemming decluttering etc but spent most of the day in the kitchen.
    Made
    Leek & potato soup
    Butternut squash, chili and coconut soup
    Choc chip cookies to use some condensed milk from use up box
    A fruit/banana type tea loaf as the recipe used condensed milk and I wanted to finish the can! It should have had two bananas in it but I only had one small one so I added in a big spoonful of the berries I'd stewed yesterday. It looks lovely with a row of walnuts on the top but I've not cut into it yet!! Its one of my "never to be made again concoctions"! (anyone remember the "pickled onion stew"?? :eek:)
    Made my first ever risotto - the risotto rice again bought more then a year ago and never used! Was online looking for a recipe to use some evaporated milk in (again from use up box) and found a risotto recipe, it was a mushroom risotto but I've also added in some cooked chicken and peas - oh my... the kids just had a taste and the youngest said could he have that tomorrow morning for his breakfast instead of porridge! :beer:

Tomorrow I need to focus on clearing the washing/ironing as dh will be in that room on Friday wfh and currently wouldn't be able to get in there!

Foxgloves, the bluerays in there have saved us a fortune on new. Dh wanted all the Marvel films so we sold some old tech to cex and bought the films - win win :D

Take care all
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    At home today, did a drawing - it's an ugly thing, made some soup
    Butternut squash, chili and coconut soup
    inspired by 1LL from back of fridge, checked banking, didn't really tidy up, kind of the opposite, went to the dentist - all good news, ignored laundry, found some deals online, but am not buying anything today so BINGO - NSD.

I really needed this day.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all :)
    Sleeting at the moment :eek: after a night of rain, and heavy rain forecast for this afternoon :(
    Glad I got my garden project finished yesterday!
    Need to do a small Lidl shop today, butter, cheese, yogurt, icing sugar and a few more bits, and OH's bloomin beer and bagels
    Call in to sales unit while out, to tidy up before the weekend
    Change Drs appointment as it clashes with DD1's FiL's funeral :(

I have a butternut squash that could be made into soup
    And stuff out of the freezer for dinner
    Hopefully it will stop raining / sleeting for a short while so that the dog will go for a walk
    I need to pack the coat that has sold on ebay. Currently waiting for another, smaller item to end (and get paid for) and I can post both together.
    Not feeling very motivated today! Hopefully that will change as the day progresses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure