Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Naomi
    • By MSE Naomi 31st Oct 19, 12:04 PM
    • 332Posts
    • 75Thanks
    MSE Naomi
    Lloyds Trustcard customers only have weeks to spend their points ahead of reward shake-up - MSE News
    • 31st Oct 19, 12:04 PM
    Lloyds Trustcard customers only have weeks to spend their points ahead of reward shake-up - MSE News 31st Oct 19 at 12:04 PM
    Lloyds is revamping its legacy Trustcard credit card reward scheme, meaning customers will earn cashback rather than points - but some will have just weeks to redeem hundreds of pounds of points to avoid losing them...
    Read the full story:
    'Lloyds Trustcard customers only have weeks to spend their points ahead of reward shake-up'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • Jackiieb
    • By Jackiieb 31st Oct 19, 1:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jackiieb
    • 31st Oct 19, 1:44 PM
    • 31st Oct 19, 1:44 PM
    I have over 38,000 points . I may be able to use some for vouchers before Xmas, but when I tried to phone and order them I waited for over 30 minutes and gave up. This suggests that 1000's of customers have stashed points. I went into my local Lloyds branch to get information on what points could be used for as the booklets with offers have not been issued since 2008. Yes ! reduce paper leaflets, but make information available on-line. I suggested a system of donating points to Charities but of course the bank say's they 'have no monetary value'!! What a surprise!!
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 31st Oct 19, 3:52 PM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 2,420 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 31st Oct 19, 3:52 PM
    • 31st Oct 19, 3:52 PM
    I doubt that 1000's of customers still have this long time not available to new customers product,,
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 31st Oct 19, 3:53 PM
    • 3,664 Posts
    • 4,172 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    • 31st Oct 19, 3:53 PM
    • 31st Oct 19, 3:53 PM
    Sounds like a pretty crap and over-complex reward scheme.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
    • Puffer
    • By Puffer 4th Nov 19, 7:29 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Puffer
    • 4th Nov 19, 7:29 PM
    • 4th Nov 19, 7:29 PM
    Hardly 'over-complex' and a useful discount facility if used competently!

I've had a Lloyds Trustcard for years and use it regularly (in tandem with two other credit cards, used in rotation). Every couple of months, I spend most of the accumulated points on discounted vouchers that I can use readily, e.g. W. H. Smith, Argos. I've never had a problem ordering them online and they arrive within a few days.

I shall be sorry when the present scheme ends as the cashback now to be given, although straightforward, is worth only half of the voucher discount. But most other cards have reduced their cashback or rewards in the last year or two.
    • kcpvwill
    • By kcpvwill 11th Nov 19, 2:38 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kcpvwill
    • 11th Nov 19, 2:38 PM
    Numbers involved in changes to Trustcard Rewards
    • 11th Nov 19, 2:38 PM
    I raised a complaint with Lloyds about this and was told the bank is reviewing and I am in a holdings pot (whatever that is)
    I was told that between 200,000 and 300,000 of us received the closure letter but not many had responded. Wouldn’t say how many.
    I was told I should hear soon. Meanwhile the first deadline of 1st December is rapidly approaching.
    • Rishtonite
    • By Rishtonite 18th Nov 19, 4:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rishtonite
    • 18th Nov 19, 4:02 PM
    Overly complicated / Poor web pages
    • 18th Nov 19, 4:02 PM
    I have over 3000 points I've accumulated. I've tried to find a web page for the rewards to see what I could spend them on. I did find one page that said -

Visit the Choice Rewards website
    Once logged on, you’ll see your Choice Rewards credit card account listed in your account summary. Simply select your credit card account name, and then ‘Your Choice’. You’ll be taken to our dedicated redemption site.

No links to direct me to that website so I phoned up. Eventually spoke to somebody that told me the page that says"once logged on..." was out of date! (and I think applies to the new 0.5% cashback scheme, not the rewards points scheme)

The letter I got mentioned "including Argos, Boots, Debenhams". What others? There is no web page that lists the others. They had to be read out to me . Apparently no Boots and Debenhams vouchers at the moment but Argos, WHSmith, Halfords, Waterstones, Currys/PCWorld and some others.

Why can't they put these on a web page? Surely not that difficult to do?
    • delboyo
    • By delboyo 20th Nov 19, 7:58 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    delboyo
    • 20th Nov 19, 7:58 PM
    What a rip off !!
    • 20th Nov 19, 7:58 PM
    Regarding the Lloyds Trustcard points rip off, scam - whatever you wish to call it. I call it tantamount to theft.
    Your contributor with 38,000 points probably doesn't realise he/she would have to give Lloyds £34,200 in order to claim the vouchers or lose them all !! Also, if not claimed by December 1st 2019 we lose all points earned up to September 2015.
    My situation is I have in excess of 6,000 points accumulated over the past twenty years or more. This equates to £6,000 of vouchers and to get them all I would have to give Lloyds £5,400 of my money !
    If as they say, the points have no monetary value why are they asking me for money equivalent to 1p per point accrued in order to get vouchers ? And why under the revised scheme are they paying CASHBACK equivalent to 1p for every £20 spent in future ?
    Are the retailers not aware of the massive potential loss of business ? It would be millions of pounds of sales.
    This is one of the biggest rip offs I have ever seen. Having spent £60,000 on my card over twenty years I expect better treatment now that they are cancelling the scheme.
    Last edited by delboyo; 20-11-2019 at 8:09 PM. Reason: Removed my name and added a new paragraph
    • Puffer
    • By Puffer 20th Nov 19, 8:19 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Puffer
    • 20th Nov 19, 8:19 PM
    • 20th Nov 19, 8:19 PM
    Regarding the Lloyds Trustcard points rip off, scam - whatever you wish to call it. I call it tantamount to theft.
    Your contributor with 38,000 points probably doesn't realise he/she would have to give Lloyds £34,200 in order to claim the vouchers or lose them all !! Also, if not claimed by December 1st 2019 we lose all points earned up to September 2015.
    My situation is I have in excess of 6,000 points accumulated over the past twenty years or more. This equates to £6,000 of vouchers and to get them all I would have to give Lloyds £5,400 of my money !
    If as they say, the points have no monetary value why are they asking me for money equivalent to 1p per point accrued in order to get vouchers ? And why under the revised scheme are they paying CASHBACK equivalent to 1p for every £20 spent in future ?
    This is one of the biggest rip offs I have ever seen. Having spent £60,000 on my card over twenty years I expect better treatment now that they are cancelling the scheme.
    Originally posted by delboyo
    I find it hard to understand why you (or any other card user) has accumulated such a significant number of unused points - presumably over a long period. What on earth have you been saving up for? Realistically, were you ever going to use them? I have used mine regularly over many years, buying typically £30 - 50 of vouchers every couple of months and spending them routinely.

I share your annoyance over the loss of the voucher facility, and at short notice - and its replacement by cashback worth, in effect, half as much. But your concern about a theoretical loss rather reminds me of the Aberdonian who complained that, when local bus fares were reduced, he no longer saved as much by walking!
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 20th Nov 19, 8:29 PM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 2,420 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Are the retailers not aware of the massive potential loss of business ? It would be millions of pounds of sales.
    Originally posted by delboyo
    Why have you been saving these points for over 20 years? If you have not used them in that length of time you won't miss them. Whatever were you saving up for?
    Also nobody has had to give Lloyds anything. They would have spent the money anyway.
    Also can't understand why people have been continuing to use this outdated long time not available to new customers former pre-Lloyds/TSB TSB product.
    Last edited by Ben8282; 20-11-2019 at 8:32 PM.
    • delboyo
    • By delboyo 21st Nov 19, 4:13 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    delboyo
    Trustcard rip off
    Hi Puffer and Ben8282.

How I chose to deal with my points is irrelevant. The point is that we have to GIVE Lloyds 90% of the value of any vouchers we may wish to redeem. Would either of you wish to redeem 6,000 points at a cost to you of £5,400 ? Or even 1,000 points at a cost of £900 ? And as for not redeeming any points earned before September 2015 and hence losing them unless they are taken up before Dec 1st ……………!!!!
    • happyandcontented
    • By happyandcontented 21st Nov 19, 4:24 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 4,855 Thanks
    happyandcontented
    I have had a Loyds card for over 40 years and never even thought about using the points! How do I find out how many I have accrued? I probably have thousands!!

I have never received a letter from them regarding this scheme and the card has not been referred to as Trustcard for years AFAIK.

Is there a contact number specifically for the above scheme?
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 21st Nov 19, 4:40 PM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 2,420 Thanks
    Ben8282
    I have had a Loyds card for over 40 years and never even thought about using the points! How do I find out how many I have accrued? I probably have thousands!!

I have never received a letter from them regarding this scheme and the card has not been referred to as Trustcard for years AFAIK.

Is there a contact number specifically for the above scheme?
    Originally posted by happyandcontented
    Then you don't have a Trustcard as the account would have been opened as a Lloyds Bank Access card which subsequently would have become a mastercard and would never have been referred to as a Trustcard. Trustcard was a Trustee Savings Bank (TSB) product with which Lloyds would only have become associated with at the time of the 1999 Lloyds/TSB merger.
    Last edited by Ben8282; 21-11-2019 at 5:17 PM.
    • happyandcontented
    • By happyandcontented 21st Nov 19, 8:32 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 4,855 Thanks
    happyandcontented
    Then you don't have a Trustcard as the account would have been opened as a Lloyds Bank Access card which subsequently would have become a mastercard and would never have been referred to as a Trustcard. Trustcard was a Trustee Savings Bank (TSB) product with which Lloyds would only have become associated with at the time of the 1999 Lloyds/TSB merger.
    Originally posted by Ben8282
    No, I definitely did have Trustcard as I was a TSB customer before it became Lloyds.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 21st Nov 19, 8:54 PM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 2,420 Thanks
    Ben8282
    No, I definitely did have Trustcard as I was a TSB customer before it became Lloyds.
    Then you havn't had a Lloyds card for over 40 years then have you?
    You say 'did' have a Trustcard. Past tense. Does that mean you no longer have a Trustcard but have swapped it for another type of card?
    Last edited by Ben8282; 21-11-2019 at 8:56 PM.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 21st Nov 19, 9:02 PM
    • 26,235 Posts
    • 13,403 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    If you had this particular card the thread is talking about then the points accrued would have shown on every statement you received.
    If there is no mention of points on there you have a different type of card.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • happyandcontented
    • By happyandcontented 22nd Nov 19, 1:36 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 4,855 Thanks
    happyandcontented
    Then you havn't had a Lloyds card for over 40 years then have you?
    You say 'did' have a Trustcard. Past tense. Does that mean you no longer have a Trustcard but have swapped it for another type of card?
    I have banked with what is now Lloyds for over 40 years, it was previously TSB when I opened my account and my card was definitely a Trustcard. I now have a Platinum card with them but never asked to change it and I just assumed that it had morphed from Trustcard to this card. I wasn't aware they still existed.

If you had this particular card the thread is talking about then the points accrued would have shown on every statement you received.
    If there is no mention of points on there you have a different type of card.
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever
    I assume I must do, although as I said it wasn't a choice I made.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 22nd Nov 19, 9:32 PM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 2,420 Thanks
    Ben8282
    I really can't see that they would have changed your card type without you asking to exchange it for a different type of card.
    So what now? You want to pursue a complaint/obtain compensation because they changed your card type without your knowledge and consent thereby depriving you of the points?
    • Puffer
    • By Puffer 22nd Nov 19, 10:23 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Puffer
    I really can't see that they would have changed your card type without you asking to exchange it for a different type of card.
    So what now? You want to pursue a complaint/obtain compensation because they changed your card type without your knowledge and consent thereby depriving you of the points?
    It is by no means unusual for one credit card to be replaced by another at the issuer's instigation (and without consultation) because either: (a) a particular card has terms or other features which are no longer appropriate; or (b) the issuer (or its card department) has been taken over. This has happened to me on numerous occasions over the years and the 'new' card may have better or worse features or benefits than its predecessor.
    • happyandcontented
    • By happyandcontented 22nd Nov 19, 10:45 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 4,855 Thanks
    happyandcontented
    Cant you? I must clearly be telling lies then?

Just because something is outside your sphere of knowledge or experience doesn't mean it hasn't/doesn't happen. You are aware of that?

As for your last point where have I indicated that? I merely wondered how many points I must have accrued over the years and how I might find that out.

Fortunately, I really don't need either the points or any compensation but don't let reality intrude onto your unfounded assumptions!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,904Posts Today

6,640Users online

Martin's Twitter