Boots Christmas offers

Just heard that the 3 for 2 will not be on for the whole of the Christmas period.

Apparently it will be on for some of the time with other offers at other times, eg 25% off.

Sounds like it could get confusing

Comments

• kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    To be fair, with the amount of stuff that was leftover by Boxing Day last year, savvy people won’t be buying before Christmas unless they really have to!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • Any idea when the star gifts are starting, and what they are yet?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    kadison wrote: »
    To be fair, with the amount of stuff that was leftover by Boxing Day last year, savvy people won’t be buying before Christmas unless they really have to!
    It will be the usual shiny toot on offer anyway.

I think people buy most of this stuff just in case they have to gift something to someone / when its rock bottom so it is actually cost-effective way to buy toiletries. I don't think their gift packs are on the top of anyone's wishlist.

Having said that, I liked the BTC Christmas ad last year.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Toffeelady wrote: »
    Any idea when the star gifts are starting, and what they are yet?

Not yet. But will do in the next few weeks
  • ejury
    ejury Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    They have started taking the cards down and reducing candles so it will be a few weeks
  • Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Toffeelady wrote: »
    Any idea when the star gifts are starting, and what they are yet?

They are altering it this year. The usual star gifts will run for two weeks and be available online and instore. But also running will be Big Deals which will be from the newer ranges and be limited in number and not always available Online and also just in larger stores.

So the Big Deal is what the Star Gift was originally where you will have to get in early to get one.

Apparently there are 100,000 No7 Advent Calendars this year but they still expect to run out
  • Hi All

Does any body know if they will be holding the extra points events this year? Thanks
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    The 3 4 2 offer is on their main Christmas page so I’m fairly certain it’s running this year. I remember in the good days when it was worth buying their gift sets but now they seem very samey but more expensive and not as nice. I didn’t actually buy any for the first time ever.
    :money::rotfl::T
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    The 3 4 2 offer is on their main Christmas page so I’m fairly certain it’s running this year. I remember in the good days when it was worth buying their gift sets but now they seem very samey but more expensive and not as nice. I didn’t actually buy any for the first time ever.

People are also a lot more conscious of excess packaging, the type used to bulk out gifts that offer the least value for money. I carefully work out the value of gift sets before buying, for a lot you’re paying such a lot of money for pointless packaging!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • I was in Boots on Friday and they were starting to put their Christmas stock out. There were 3 for 2 signs up but it could be that a smaller number of gifts are included in the offer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure