I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Sitting in the airport lounge, flight delayed by two hours. Luckily we had paid to use the Premium Lounge, so we can eat something and have a drink at least.
    Mind you the place is pretty full so we are sitting at a table by the window rather than the sofas.

It was a good drive to Lisbon but then got stressed trying to find the petrol station to fill up the car. That put 20 minutes on the journey as Google maps kept sending me in circles. I ended up finding a different petrol station. The fog was down a lot of the way, but I am grateful as it means that we get time to relax as from returning the car, getting from the airport and then finding where special assistant was was a nightmare.
    We would have been lucky to catch the flight at all with all the wiring we had to do!
    So now we wait. Luckily I am not driving back we are getting a taxi so I can have a cold beer. Cheers!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    I am back at Mums. Delayed flight due to fog.
    So it's been a long day. I will be off to bed fairly early tonight. Then back to my house tomorrow ready for dgd coming home.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Wishing you and mum a good nights sleep and hope dgd has enjoyed the time with her mum.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that you are home.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Welcome home - and welcome to the Brave New World that is your life - may it be as calm as possible, may money flow in -and not flow out too fast - and may it be full of love and understanding xxxx
  • Savvy_sewing
    thorsoak wrote: »
    Welcome home - and welcome to the Brave New World that is your life - may it be as calm as possible, may money flow in -and not flow out too fast - and may it be full of love and understanding xxxx

That's lovely, thank you x
  • Savvy_sewing
    After 6 months Ryanair finally paid my expenses for the delay in July. Although they still haven't paid the compensation they were supposed to pay.
    So I need to get the next move sorted out.
    But not tonight.

But that's a good start to the year with 3 payments in already. Even if it all does have to go back out again.

Time for seriously doing down the cards and building up my income.
  • Savvy_sewing
    My Halifax banking app wouldn't let me make payments from a different bank card, so I realise that I have probably got to have a little interest added to my totals but today I played juggle.
    I was able to clear the smallest credit card with a debit card payment. Strike one £2,779.40 gone.
    Monthly budget freed by £100 a month
    Barclaycard payment £4,605.08 strike two. Leaving £200 that is due on Direct Debit in a few days. That will clear that account.
    Euros cashed in, £240.16
    Cash from Ryanair £257.00
    Cash from savings £300 and £2.84 from current account all added together and £800 off of Halifax card via faster payment.
    Halifax saver also taken out and paid to card along with my ISA
    So another £790 off of the Halifax card.

Total debts left £3,845.10

I can draw out another £300 tomorrow, pay into my First Direct account and then bank transfer that.
    So I will be chasing down £3,545.10 over the next few months.

Before I build up the savings again.

This has been a scary but also exciting day.
    The banks would be thinking I have gone mad with all the juggling. All left extremely low now. But I can do this.
    My friend has already been on the phone about doing a pub dinner tonight, and so I will use the last of my cash in my purse for that. Then I will suggest we meet for a meal we make etc over the next few weeks rather than visit the pub. I am happy to host them here as I would still save money on feeding us at home rather than at the pub. I shall chat to her over dinner.

Dgd is back, along with bags and boxes etc.
    Washing and sorting my stuff as I have been going along today, and will tackle hers tomorrow. Apparently she has had another growth spurt and the age 12/13 stuff no longer fits and she had to have Adult size 10 clothes.
    She is only 2" shorter than me now.

Got a cuddle with the newest baby. A brief hug from DGS5 and they had to go back to Kent.

Twin1 went to see Biggest enroute and said that DS's GF was giving Biggest a lot of grief via the telephone while I was away. Again like I got the day before I came away. She takes DSs phone and messages us pretending it's DS, but we can all tell by the length, the words used and the spelling etc that she is doing it and not DS.
    She is going to be a nightmare still then.
    I have had a happy New Year greetings from the foster family today. But I have yet to catch up with DS and any news as to the boys and the current situation. Time will tell. I am not going to ask questions.
    I am not the one in control of what happens and I don't intend to get mixed up in it all if I can help it.

So time to get changed and ready to meet my friend.
    Tomorrow I will be back on my plans for the rest of the month.
    Business and Home changes next.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Amazing pay downs on the debt :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    beanielou wrote: »
    Amazing pay downs on the debt :j :j

Yes but no savings left!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure