Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    teddysmum wrote: »
    My first offer, after refusing 50% off on leaving, last December, has just appeared : Entertainment £15. I'm not interested.

You can get Netflix for £10 or cheaper and that's much better value IMHO. Sky will have to try harder
  • tired_dad
    tired_dad Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Sky Entertainment Pack @ £25.00 pm
    Sky Kids Pack @ £5.00 pm
    Sky Box Set Pack @ £5.00 pm
    Sky HD Pack @ £5.00 pm
    Sports & Cinema Pack @ £38.00 pm
    Sky Q Sports HD Pack @ £6.00 pm
    Q Multiscreen @ £12.00 pm

Total monthly cost will be £51 a month for 12 months thereafter £96.00 per month. Along with Free Sky Go Extra and Free On Demand
  • Lill111
    Lill111 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Contract is up its going frim £47 with tv,box sets and movies , kids channels, fiber broadband , and phone to £97.
    I rang to cancel to be told £65 without box sts and movies take it or leave it as i had thousands of savings over the ladt 10 years !!!128563;
    And then when i said no i am cancelling got told if i canvel the broadband the line will go inactive and the new provider will have a at least 2 week gap before being able to suply me with briadband again , is that right ? After 10 years i was expecting some better customer service !
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Lill111 wrote: »
    Contract is up its going frim £47 with tv,box sets and movies , kids channels, fiber broadband , and phone to £97.
    I rang to cancel to be told £65 without box sts and movies take it or leave it as i had thousands of savings over the ladt 10 years !!!128563;
    And then when i said no i am cancelling got told if i canvel the broadband the line will go inactive and the new provider will have a at least 2 week gap before being able to suply me with briadband again , is that right ? After 10 years i was expecting some better customer service !

Been said many times on these forums DON'T cancel phone line/broadband - if you can't negotiate a satisfactory deal with Sky for these services, then find a new provider (hopefully with cashback) and get them to arrange to take over your line - the agent is partially correct in that once you cancel with Sky, they instruct BT Openreach to disconnect you at the exchange, which can result in a delay as the new provider will have to order a new line .
    You will almost certainly lose your number and possibly( if there is a shortage of available lines ) may be without for a considerable time.
    Cancelling the TV part is easy as even after the service has been switched off, it can be reconnected within hours (or even minutes):)
  • spiritus
    spiritus Posts: 684 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, I have 7 days left of my 30 day notice and Sky haven't tried very hard at all to persuade me to stay.

They have phoned my landline a few times but always during working hours !

No messages when I log into my Sky account and no emails.
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
  • shaggy
    Switched off saturday. I used the 'left in the last 12 months ' chat link, and got offered

Sports, Entertainment, Kids, all in HD for £31.50 a month for 12 months. Not too bad considering what others have been getting but I'll leave it switched off for now seeing I have Netflix to keep me occupied.

Not that desperate at this moment so might get Disney Life at £4.99 a month, and that will keep the kids happy , much better than what they watch on Sky Cinema anyway.
  • tay14
    tay14 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Just got a letter and offer on line

Sky entertainment £13 a month for 12months

Then all of the below on a 31 day rolling contract
    Box sets £1 a month
    Kids £1 a month
    HD £1 a month
    Cinema £9 a month
    Sky sports £14.50 a month
  • rovers86
    rovers86 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Got offered the same but movies for £4.50 extra, again like others switched off since Feb and haven’t really missed it have a couple of now TVs passes anyway in the November “ Black Friday” sale.
    Debt free Feb 2020 😍
  • tay14 wrote: »

Box sets £1 a month
    Kids £1 a month
    HD £1 a month
    Cinema £9 a month

oh man! why don't I get this! I keep getting texts from them saying I can change my mind before the 31 days is up but no letters or messages online!
  • shaggy
    tay14 wrote: »

Box sets £1 a month
    Kids £1 a month
    HD £1 a month
    Cinema £9 a month

Same as what I got offered above. Seems to be about the best they'll do at the moment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback