What small DFW things will you do w/c 18th November?

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Morning. Freezing here again and looking very grey in the distance. Wouldn't be surprised if we have snow.

Banking checked
    Ironing to do.
    Must find something for lunch
    Meatballs defrosting for dinner
    Bolognese defrosting for the Boy's dinner
    Email my brother with update on my sister in law
    Phone my cousin re the same
    Going to visit her in hospital tomorrow all being well so need to get ahead with the usual daily chores
    Once I find out if Himself is going out tomorrow plan meals
    Start making list for going on holiday at beginning of December

Just had toast and marmalade and finishing coffee. Stay warm.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 19 November 2019 at 6:17PM
    Options
    Morning all and welcome MidsHollie Its a great thread, I hope you stick with us.
    Dnms, good that you found your glove! Ds2 has done a lot of retracing his steps since going up to comp in September, looking for things he's lost! Luckily he has found everything apart from one football boot!
    Dawn, Glad you are feeling better today, dh doesn't often get migraines but when he does he'll get two or three close together. I hope you don't.
    Toni'sfriend, I hadn't decided on what to have for breakfast but you've inspired me, I've not had marmalade in ages, so toast and marmalade it is!

Priority
    :heartpuls 1 - Go to the gym - gym buddy won’t be there BUT I need to get back to losing weight as a priority done
    :heartpuls 2 - Get fuel but pay at the pump and don’t buy any chocolate to undo the good work at the gym! done
    :heartpuls 3 - Must remember to do correctly del survey done
    :heartpuls 4 - Look in the garage to see if we have a whole single bed frame (I think we've got one from the rental house but I don't know if all the bits are there. - noticed last night that ds1s current metal bedframe is bending - I've hoping that we can just replace with something out of the garage as this certainly wasn't a spend on my radar! ) done :j :T
    Kitchen
    :heart2: Tonights food is last nights leftovers, I love cooking once and eating twice! done
    :heart2: Make families lunches for tomorrow (dh’s not taken his today so just the kids to make as dh will have his tomorrow - is in a catered for meeting instead) done
    :heart2: Not do a food shop as planned as I don't need to buy anything extra for dh's lunch now - will shop tomorrow for Thursdays lunch bread etc done
    :heart2: As not going to shop, get more berries out of the freezer done to stew with some apple as otherwise we won't have eaten much fruit today. done

Getting organised -
    :heart2: Buy done & wrap two xmas candles from Dunelm to go into the inlaws hamper we are delivering at the weekend. done
    :heart2: See if dh & ds2s prescriptions are ready done
    :heart2: Write xmas cards - little and often. done
    :heart2: Sort email inboxes and unsubscribe from what I can. done
    :heart2: Find an extra long hdmi cable as we’ve moved stuff around again - look online

Money wise
    :heartsmil: Check banking/update spreadsheet
    :heartsmil:

This week I’d also like to
    :heart: Do some surveys
    :heart: General decluttering/tidying
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • TryingAgain2022
    Options
    Today's small DFW:
    -meal already planned -mussels in white wine (packet did not catch them myself!) with baguette
    -make homemade flapjacks
    -check banks
    -check pickmypostcode (you never know)
    -walk dog and eat at home lunchtime, resist urge to go to warm cafe. Will have hot lunch of some kind
    -not driving into work today, saves 66-miles-worth of fuel. If I could swing it to not be in the office as much, it would save me a fortune in parking and fuel! We'll see.
    -using up stuff, eg today resisted urge to buy new Yankee Candle, found unused Asda one under the sink.
    -bit of tidying. The more I look the more I find stuff I don't need to buy. So far, two boxes of tissues and a load of notebooks. And pens, so many pens. I do not need to buy a pen for twenty years.
    -do all my self-care things that have been neglected for months - vitamins, walk a few steps (not 10000 lol), Headspace, read a bit of a paper book not phone, sort out hosp appt.

This financial thing is not the whole story as I'm sure it's not with any of us. If I can be more well I'll be able to cope better.

Sun has gone in and work is blinking at me so must go. Have good days all and thank you for the warm welcome yesterday. I really needed it.
    PEAK Dec 2019: £24,273 -- NOW Virgin £2377 Markses £681 Halifax £6143 Loan £6696 Family loan £5819 TOTAL: £21,706 -- Paid off: £2308. Target: Jan 2023 LBM: monthly pay but weekly spend doh :o December 2020 target = £18212 and nothing added to CCs AND by paying an extra 20 a month on something I just knocked 8 months off my target date :-)
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Didn’t get a chance to get on here yesterday but I was with you all in spirit! Today I have/will:
    * Check banks
    * Make lunch to take to work
    * Use some of OOD coleslaw
    * Transfer end of “old” milk into new milk OH has started!
    * Defrost car with a bit of warm water (rather than running heaters for ages!)
    * Drop car at garage for service and collect courtesy car
    * Park a mile-ish from work for free and walk
    * Text friend who works at garage about service cost as swear person who saw me said a more expensive price than she told me! (I benefit from her discount)
    * Pay money into bank for OH
    * Try to get a couple of xmas presents on my lunch break (I’m fortunate enough to work in a main town - although this is why parking costs so much!)
    * Snap any receipts
    * Update spreadsheet
    * Check PA/OP
    * Make meal plan
    * Make shopping list
    * Shop to list
    * Ask OH to get loft ladder down so I can get the wrapping paper down (I’m too short to reach!)
    * Dinner from stores
    * Do some more crochet

Think that's everything for today. Hope you all have a good day.
    Starting again..
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 November 2019 at 11:50AM
    Options
    Morning folks

I was out like a light last night, despite getting a lift to and from work. Still sleepy today, although I'm doing a much longer day this week - moved from 6 hours to 7 but now I need a lunch break too so the day is 1.5-2 hours longer.

Today's things:
    :heartpuls B/L/D from stores -done
    :heartpuls OH to ring garage re oil change service -don't think this was done but he was waiting over 2 hours for his xray!
    :heartpuls Pick up OH's Christmas present at lunch time -done
    :heartpuls Charge phone in work -done
    :heartpuls OH to get x-ray on hand. Technically MSE as he needs his hands for work! -done
    :heartpuls Washing -done
    :heartpuls Check PMP -done

Not much doing today. Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    M
    :heartpuls 4 - Look in the garage to see if we have a whole single bed frame (I think we've got one from the rental house but I don't know if all the bits are there. - noticed last night that ds1s current metal bedframe is bending - I've hoping that we can just replace with something out of the garage as this certainly wasn't a spend on my radar! )

:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j
    Pine bedframe is now made up in ds1s bedroom, it doesn't really match in with his other furniture BUT its solid and will do! We had arranged for the local cs to collect it earlier in the year when the tenant left but they wouldn't have it as it had one broken slat, so it got put in my garage - I'm glad it did now! My mum goes mad at my dad for all the stuff he keeps.. you know "it might come in handy" well it did!
    Right time for a cuppa and then I need to get the metal frame dismantled and put in the garage for now (won't fit in my little car to take to the tip) need to move it before the kids come home as its blocking the top of the stairs!.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This should be a good and busy week.
    Today all food was from stores, dinner was pasta w pesto as ds felt Ill, so I didn't fancy cooking.
    Went club swimming(coached for £3 - a bargain and very nice folks), am now lovely tired.
    Renewed some insurance plans - one over and one under budget, so it will work. Was actually able to find money for deposit on car insurance which was great. So there should now not be any big unplanned payouts in December or January.
    Happy Tuesday.
    Oh and 1LL great you had a spare bed in garage, I'm still short of a bed w mattress - will probably just sleep on floor as son is home from Uni and I'm currently sleeping in his bed OOps.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Huge welcome to newbies, I notice were in the weekly e mail too so if anyone is reading us, having found us from there, please join us, we love having new people on board. It really is a great thread and I’ve found lots of useful tips from it over the years. So stick with us :D

1LL nice work in the bed frame. Could you paint it if it doesn’t match? There are some really good spray paints out there at the moment that are cheap (w1lko for one) that give lovely leases of life to things. A great friend of mine has turned several things recently into bundles of colour with these really easily.

My list for today:
    Another appointment using pre paid card for cheaper parking
    Post letters I didn’t yesterday
    Check something comes through I need to arrange insurance
    Something from planner for tea
    Portion bargain salmon fillet and freeze
    Try and get a website to work on DH computer as a function of it won’t work on my tablet
    Spend some quality time with DH today - possibly a walk

Have a good day all purps.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Morning. A lot milder today. Just as well as I'm hospital visiting today. Two buses and an hour and a half each way. Consequently no real list just the normal things.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning guys :D gosh we are regulars in the newsletter these days!

Today not much I suspect but:

* TOMM
    * go for a walk
    * load of washing in the machine & will double spin
    * sewing
    * possibly will go to fabric shop to get some bits I need
    * remind oh to print off patterns
    * los for dinner for me & will do something for oh & madam (yesterday's dinner not the biggest success but have a couple of portions left!
    * possibly taking madam to a taster gymnastics session after school

ok that's all. Have a good day
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts