FTB reassurance

Hi all, after lurking for a while I thought it was time to register and see if some one can give me a bit of advice/reassurance.

As the title says my partner and I are FTB, we have made an offer on a house in NI for 61K we have a 5k deposit and have enlisted the help of a broker. Between us we bring in 43k a year with 38k of that being my wages as my partner is on we pip. I have a CCJ for £447 on my credit file that was registered in 2016 and fully satisfied in 2017, I also have 3 late payments on a provident loan from Jan 2017 but since that my payments are all up to date.

I have 3 credit cards with low limits and my combined balance on all is approx 1k, my partner has a 0% loan for furniture with a balance of 1100, an o2 refresh loan and a 5k limit credit card currently using about £500 on it, she has 1 late payment in an account from 2013 but everything else is up to date.

My broker has got us a AIP with Barclays and is going to submit the full application on Monday, I’m just wondering if anyone could see any issues with the above that would make Barclays refuse the mortgage.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Sorry forgot to add that I also have a 4K salary finance loan that I pay £100 a month direct from my wages and also £500 a month maintenance to pay.
  • As an update, our application didn’t go in till today but we have passed the first hurdle of the credit check ��

Anyone any idea how long Barclays are taking for valuations and underwriting at the minute?

We are hoping for a quick completion as we are FTB and there is no chain with the house, it is ready to move into
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Paddy8214 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how long Barclays are taking for valuations and underwriting at the minute?

Did you ask your broker?

NI is its own little bubble so time frames over there will possibly be different to the rest of the UK for booking in the survey.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Thanks ACG, I didnt get a chance to today due to work, but I will do tomorrow. Believe me I know exactly what you mean about NI and it’s own wee bubble lol
  • Well survey is now booked for 26/11, time to wait and see, nothing we can do now but hopefully everything thing will be ok
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure