£1000 to earn

Options
Hi all
Its the 1st November! I know - crazy
I want to try and earn £1000 by the end of the year.
I currently work Full Time in a supermarket, earning £900 a month.
I would like to try and earn an EXTRA £1000 in what remains of 2019
I currently dabble with Swagbucks, have registered with InstaGC - do not get it.
Any help/advice/other means?
Cheers
MD

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Overtime?
    Second job?
    Sell stuff?
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Overtime?
    Second job?
    Sell stuff?

I agree, overtime at your current job is probably going to be the only,realistic way of doing this. Or else sell stuff or get another job.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Anthony673
    Options
    I think it's manageable if you sell unused stuff lying around of value. Once you learn how to sell on eBay/Amazon you will have a good idea of what sells and what doesn't sell well online. Good luck!
  • Guardian911
    Options
    If you want to make more money, you should also think long term. How do I work myself out of this current job? Instead of working more hours and moving nowhere, invest that time in training yourself for your next role.
  • scaredofdebt
    Options
    You could probably get around half way there from matched betting and Qmee.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • impyls
    Options
    1. Reduce your costs as much as possible.
    2. Pay attention to the Freelance websites. For example copywriter or a native speaker can be highly rated on foreign resources.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maryy wrote: »
    I need an emergency 2000 pounds. I work in a gift shop. Can I get your advice? I have 3 months

For that sort of money - overtime at your current work, a second job or a loan is probably the only realistic way.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure