Barclays Account under review

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    abz88 wrote: »
    For a regular dispute yes, but when it relates to fraud and money laundering? Surely at this point the bank will suspend the account, regardless of whether or not PayPal is involved. A bank knowingly allowing an account to be used for fraud/money laundering on the basis of "nah, it's PayPals issue" seems bit odd.

^^^ this.

As I stated above - this is a fraud issue not an everyday "i bought some pants and they're too small" dispute.
  • olofmeister
    olofmeister Posts: 33 Forumite
    edited 21 November 2019 at 1:45PM
    Options
    My Account got closed.
    But Barclays told me that I should arrange new account with a different bank? So what they didn't put CIFAS marker on my name or what?

btw they give me 0 reasons why I got my acc closed, but we all know why xD
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My Account got closed.
    But Barclays told me that I should arrange new account with a different bank? So what they didn't put CIFAS marker on my name or what?

They won't tell you whether they've loaded details onto CIFAS - you need to submit one of these to CIFAS to see if anything is held in your name: https://www.cifas.org.uk/contact-us/subject-access-request
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My Account got closed.

Well thanks for letting us know. Makes a change :T

Have you not already started a new account application? Most people would have as soon as their account was frozen.
    Life in the slow lane
  • olofmeister
    Options
    born_again wrote: »
    Well thanks for letting us know. Makes a change :T

Have you not already started a new account application? Most people would have as soon as their account was frozen.

Nop, I don't want to do that. I want to know first if I got CIFAS Marker or not. Because If I have one theres no point of opening account with Bank such as HSBC or Santander because they will close the account eventually anyway.
  • olofmeister
    Options
    !!! wrote: »

Yep, I will post to them my identity proof tomorrow ;p
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Yep, I will post to them my identity proof tomorrow ;p
    You will get a reply quicker if you submit your SAR using the online form (provided by CIFAS). It will knock a couple of days off of the process.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • olofmeister
    Options
    Hey, I know, but by not reading fully I have chosen to post the proof to them... I can't go back to do it all online.
  • pcman1985
    Options
    It's 99% likely that Barclays have loaded a CIFAS Cat 6 marker in which case you won't get any account with a high street bank.

Send the SAR off to CIFAS (it's free) and if it comes back with a marker forget any high street bank and your first choice should then be Monzo, followed by any prepaid cards such as Thinkmoney (but they often have fees with when account, while Monzo is free)

Also was your Barclays account closed instantly, or a 30/60 day closure?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback