Where to start? Divorce, child, mortgage etc

2»

Comments

• Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yeah some husbands think their wives are unstable, emotional, aggressive etc but if they looked at their own behaviour there might be a clue why.

Probably best to go to a lawyer and work out the divorce details.

Good luck
  • flanker6 wrote: »
    Maybe the wife is only aggressive towards the OP.
    The OP has obviously initiated the break up and oftentimes the remaining party feels resentment.

So, I was right in my second sentence then?
  • So, I was right in my second sentence then?

Well, not really. It was a judgemental, disingenuous statement.

The OP could have left his partner due to long term problems that could not be resolved.

The "sleeping with other women and leaving her to be a single mum" infers that those two have a causal relationship.
    It also implies that the husband has been sleeping with more than one woman. I didn't see him say that.

The part about leaving her to be a single mum is heartbreaking for many men. The courts will award primary custody to one of the parents. So being forced to be a part time father - or a single mum - is a consequence of any relationship breakdown. But sometimes a relationship is so broken that it just can't be fixed. So it becomes a matter of choosing the "least worst option."

The "sleeping with other women and leaving her to be a single mum" infers that those two have a causal relationship.
    It also implies that the husband has been sleeping with more than one woman. I didn't see him say that.

Ah ok, so cheating is less hurtful if your partner only does it with one other woman he really likes?
  • Ah ok, so cheating is less hurtful if your partner only does it with one other woman he really likes?

I'm missing the part where he said he cheated.
    I thought the OP implied that he moved out and is NOW in a relationship.

And cheating is always hurtful. But, the hurt is also due to the fact of a complete relationship breakdown. People are far less likely to cheat if they are in a happy, contented relationship.
    I'm missing the part where he said he cheated.
    I thought the OP implied that he moved out and is NOW in a relationship.

Riiiiight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport