Another dog jumped on my dog

now he has ligament damage and it is going to cost £3,000 for CBLO treatment. The other dog is a bouncy dog who I have come across before and often runs off, he ran up to my dog causing severe ligament damage and it will cost £3,000 to put right as he is in extreme pain. Who is liable for the cost of this and any advise on how to handle it? Thanks

Comments

• GBNI
    GBNI Posts: 576
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Unfortunately, I would say either you or your insurers are liable. You can't prove the dog caused the damage and dogs will be dogs which does involve a lot of bouncing and messing.
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,925
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'd say its just one of those things. Dogs play together, and sometimes an injury occurs.

My dog and another went for the same tennis ball, they collided, and my dog ended up with a broken tooth. Just one of those things.
  • the_cat
    the_cat Posts: 2,176
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 14 November 2019 at 2:07PM
    Were both dogs off lead when this incident occurred? Was it during play between them or some other scenario? My advice would depend on these factors....
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,522
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Playing with the other dog may have triggered the current injury. However it's possible things were already going wrong and there was an underlying existing injury/predisposition. How you'd prove one way or the other would be very difficult.
    Aside from the subsequent question of liability, which from two dogs playing another issue in itself.
    Which ligament has he injured?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • What a bad luck I hope your dog is well. Something similar happened to my bull terrier miniature puppy, luckily we didn't have to suffer any misfortunes. Greetings
  • I wish you luck but unless you have cctv evidence this is very difficult to prove unless the owner of the other dog admits it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure