eBay glitch - cannot but cutlery

Options
You wonder some times how stupid companies understand rules and how they stay in business. In this case I know that this is possibly 0.01% but.

We have been looking for Christmas cutlery, saw a next copper set - no bids and about to end. Tried to bid but asks you to verify your age. But tried safari / google chrome and opera and it won’t let you. Rung eBay who confirmed we had an account since 2004 - 15 years but they cannot Over ride the verification as us law says so.
Tried messaging the seller to say list it as cutlery and you won’t get any bids but call it tableware it will sell. And yes they just relisted it again. 3 different sellers now. eBay say they cannot intervene.

Vent over but may also help someone trying to buy or sell cutlery.

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    If you want to buy cutlery, then usually that cutlery will involve knives. Ebay have specific steps in place to ensure you are prove you are over 18 (and they fulfil their legal obligations) and that used to mean you had to have a credit card on your file - credit cards prove you are over 18.
  • Arthurarthur52
    Options
    I fully understand that but you cannot physically enter your card number as there is no where that allows you to do it. I tried the app / safari / google chrome and opera.
    So I went to amazon instead.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    I have a credit card on file - I really can't recall how I got it there (it must have been 15 or so years ago) but it's there and I recall it was put there to verify my age.....I can't help with anything further on that I'm afraid as it's a long time since I bought something that needed verification on ebay. There is no inputting of numbers - perhaps that's the issue, you don't have a credit card on file that verifies your age?

Glad to hear you found it elsewhere. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure