Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • st999
    • By st999 15th Nov 19, 3:49 PM
    • 1,280Posts
    • 697Thanks
    st999
    Who is responsible for compensation for lost package?
    • 15th Nov 19, 3:49 PM
    Who is responsible for compensation for lost package? 15th Nov 19 at 3:49 PM
    I returned an item to an ebay seller and he says he has not received it.

I have proof of postage.

Ebay has closed the dispute, the seller is not responding and the person at the post office branch where I posted the return and got proof of postage says it's got nothing to do with them.

Who is responsible?
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Nov 19, 3:52 PM
    • 62,949 Posts
    • 45,318 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Nov 19, 3:52 PM
    • 15th Nov 19, 3:52 PM
    I returned an item to an ebay seller and he says he has not received it.

I have proof of postage.

Ebay has closed the dispute, the seller is not responding and the person at the post office branch where I posted the return and got proof of postage says it's got nothing to do with them.

Who is responsible?
    Originally posted by st999
    Royal Mail, get a claim form online and send it off.

However , was this item tracked at all, even standard parcels now has delivery conformation.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 15th Nov 19, 3:56 PM
    • 13,028 Posts
    • 29,133 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    • 15th Nov 19, 3:56 PM
    • 15th Nov 19, 3:56 PM
    Not sure proof of postage is enough for ebay. I think you need proof of delivery.

You probably will have to put a claim in to Royal Mail.(The post office are not Royal Mail)
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Nov 19, 4:21 PM
    • 62,949 Posts
    • 45,318 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Nov 19, 4:21 PM
    • 15th Nov 19, 4:21 PM
    Can I just clarify though that this is your own label you used, you didn't get one supplied by the seller or ebay?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • st999
    • By st999 15th Nov 19, 11:55 PM
    • 1,280 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    st999
    • 15th Nov 19, 11:55 PM
    • 15th Nov 19, 11:55 PM
    Can I just clarify though that this is your own label you used, you didn't get one supplied by the seller or ebay?
    I was emailed the label from the seller.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 16th Nov 19, 7:09 AM
    • 13,812 Posts
    • 9,523 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 16th Nov 19, 7:09 AM
    • 16th Nov 19, 7:09 AM
    I was emailed the label from the seller.
    Originally posted by st999
    What sort of label did the seller provide, was it a tracked label or untracked label?

If tracked, what does the tracking say.

If untracked, you do not need to do anything as ebay should have closed the case in your favour.

Either way, with a return such as this ebay should be refunding you. Have you called them?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

251Posts Today

1,879Users online

Martin's Twitter