Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My daughter placed an order which went missing in the post.

The company resent the items but in order to do so they cancelled the original order and created a new one.

Will this affect her cashback and her £2.50 bonus cashback?
  • tomsocr
    tomsocr Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,
    I visited trussle a few days ago just being nosey really. I setup an account and received details about a mortgage. I can't remember if I clicked a referral link, but I know it wasn't topcashback.

I was impressed with service and offer so thought I would go through with a mortgage. I haven't submitted my mortgage details as yet, but soon after spotted topcashback had trussle listed. Therefore if I click the topcashback link now and submit my mortgage will I get the commission or will it still be the referral with who I actually clicked and created the account on Trussle and got a mortgage offer?

Would the best thing to start a fresh and create a new account with trussle and go through same process but make sure I use topcashback?
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@ POPPYOSCAR – I’ll be truthful it will depend on the retailer and their judegment on this but should the cashback be declined we will challenge it .

@tomsocr – as you started the process before clicking through from our site I am afraid it’s unlikely we would be eligible I’m afraid.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Hey everyone,

@ POPPYOSCAR – I’ll be truthful it will depend on the retailer and their judegment on this but should the cashback be declined we will challenge it .

@tomsocr – as you started the process before clicking through from our site I am afraid it’s unlikely we would be eligible I’m afraid.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Thank you Matt.

That is good to hear.
  • Is there any reason why my Amazon purchases don't track? And yes, I've checked they're in the qualifying categories.

All my other cashback purchases work fine, but I've just had to submit several claims for missing cashback from Amazon as nothing shows up - the last time it showed up was May (that'll teach me to check my earnings more often!)

Two of my three claims have been declined, because it's been marked “item not eligible for cashback”.

How is that fair? I know it's not TCB's fault, butI still have to ask. Amazon seems to change its qualifying categories, so how does it work? If I go through a qualifying category and when it's chased up it's no longer a category that qualifies ... Ugh. I feel cheated by Amazon, especially as those claims were for a total of ~£25. The purchase decision was of course not influenced by the hope of any cashback, but it's very annoying nonetheless. [/End rant]
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@ POPPYOSCAR - Glad I could help ��

@ Spoonie Turtle – Please email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk with the details of the transactions and I will review this for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 November 2019 at 6:59PM
    My Three purchase in June (way back in post #4549 in this topic) is still mysteriously not being acknowledged and I see that TCB is giving the cause as Three/affilate partner not confirming it.

"Please understand that this process is likely to take from four weeks to several months"
    Several months have passed.

I did one contract on TCB for self and one on Quidco for wife both same dates June. Just checked Quidco and wow, the cash is there to withdraw to Paypal!
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just want a say a big thank you to Matt for getting my account and cashback money after it was hacked and changed :T:j:beer:
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Marvel1 wrote: »
    Just want a say a big thank you to Matt for getting my account and cashback money after it was hacked and changed :T:j:beer:

Pleased to see you got it sorted out.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    I made a purchase with Mothercare when the £2.50 bonus was on.

Presumably with Mothercare going into administration the cashback will not be paid.

But what about the £2.50 Bonus as it was a genuine transaction?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback