Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Afreshstart
    • By Afreshstart 8th Nov 19, 5:46 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 25Thanks
    Afreshstart
    CCA fee paid into account
    • 8th Nov 19, 5:46 PM
    CCA fee paid into account 8th Nov 19 at 5:46 PM
    Hi

Advice please L*nk have paid the cheque into my account.

Sent CCA request originally to Wesc*t who replied back that they only manage the account for L*nk.They said I could send the request directly to L*nk or they could forward it on.

I sent a new request and cheque (payable to L*nk) for wesc*t to forward on.

A few months passed with no response so I wrote saying I was suspending payments until the documentation requested was sent.

Wesc*t replied the same as before, please send CCA request directly with 1 or we can forward this for you.

The cheque was cashed but I notice it has been paid into the account.

What do I do now?

Do I reply to Wesc*t that they already have had this or do I have to send a CCA request again or do I just wait.?
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 8th Nov 19, 6:32 PM
    • 18,632 Posts
    • 17,547 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 8th Nov 19, 6:32 PM
    • 8th Nov 19, 6:32 PM
    You write back lodging a written complaint stating the one pound payment was strictly for the statutory fee in regard to the request for information you have made, and that unless the request is actioned straight away, with confirmation from them in writing, you will be contacting the financial ombudsman with a view to raising an official complaint regarding there actions.

Let them stew on that.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
    • Afreshstart
    • By Afreshstart 8th Nov 19, 6:40 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Afreshstart
    • 8th Nov 19, 6:40 PM
    • 8th Nov 19, 6:40 PM
    Thanks Sourcrates.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,356Users online

Martin's Twitter