Eating disorder and ASD

Hi my review is coming up I always got six points for promoting to eat and make food

I been told my eating disorder is autistic traits and it in letter

As I can only eat about 8 foods and my mind does not tell me to eat some days I won't eat for 2/3 days then binge on my 8 foods and I'm sick. And I don't drink much and the physcrust said it related to my ASD.

Would I still get the six points as before I have but I been wait years just to get it diganoaed.

She also said due to turma as a teenager he struggles socialy and finds it very hard to communicate to other people especially his own age group and isolates himself to fill safe and only see family. And my dad manges my money as I often miss bills. Neurodevolpment disorder effects his social and congetive issues

Do I need to resend all the old reports which are similar as this is the new one as I'm now on longer term care but the conditions I have life long. Or do I just say what I said and they have old letters and just put this one in.

Comments

• Is this for PIP or ESA? As you talk about 6 points I will assume its PIP, what you need to concentrate on is not the diagnosis but the care needs you have due to your problems, same with mobility if that applies, is there someone who can help you with the paperwork?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Don't be fooled by the shortened version of the form. You should still treat the review as a new claim and put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding some real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you will also help.

No one can tell you what you'll score this time because no review is guaranteed another award.

My advice would be to send the new reports, rather than the old ones. If they no longer apply because your condition has got worse then there's little point in sending them.

Just so you're aware, reviews are now taking place 6 months before the award is due to end and not 1 year before.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Don't be fooled by the shortened version of the form. You should still treat the review as a new claim and put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding some real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you will also hep.

Good advice from poppy.

Because the boxes are so small, I'd suggest adding extra sheets to the form to fully explain the difficulties you have with the PIP activities. Also that way you can type them up, review and amend them more easily, and of course they will be no problems with reading your writing.

These resources may help you:
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/fill-in-form/
    https://www.rethink.org/advice-and-information/rights-restrictions/money-benefits-and-employment/personal-independence-payment-pip/
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system

Can you get help from a local advice agency / CAB to complete the form?
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure