Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Huggy_Bear
    • By Huggy_Bear 6th Nov 19, 11:36 AM
    • 144Posts
    • 63Thanks
    Huggy_Bear
    Online Raffle ideas
    • 6th Nov 19, 11:36 AM
    Online Raffle ideas 6th Nov 19 at 11:36 AM
    Hello, I'm wanting to hold a raffle for a small prize with money going to a local charity. I've just tried to set this up through my justgiving page but the charity isnt listed so it doesnt give me the option to hold a raffle.

So I basically want donations for tickets, then I select a random winner, they get the prize and the money goes to the local charity.

Any ideas how I can do this online.
Page 1
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 6th Nov 19, 6:44 PM
    • 8,591 Posts
    • 18,600 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    • 6th Nov 19, 6:44 PM
    • 6th Nov 19, 6:44 PM
    Hello, I'm wanting to hold a raffle for a small prize with money going to a local charity. I've just tried to set this up through my justgiving page but the charity isnt listed so it doesnt give me the option to hold a raffle.

So I basically want donations for tickets, then I select a random winner, they get the prize and the money goes to the local charity.

Any ideas how I can do this online.
    Originally posted by Huggy_Bear

You may need a licence from the local council to hold this type of raffle. I assume that it won't necessarily sell all of the tickets on the same day as the actual draw.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 6th Nov 19, 9:46 PM
    • 36,691 Posts
    • 47,359 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 6th Nov 19, 9:46 PM
    • 6th Nov 19, 9:46 PM
    You definitely will need to take advice from your council. , its still gambling even if its a small raffle
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 7th Nov 19, 7:10 PM
    • 7,211 Posts
    • 7,975 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 7th Nov 19, 7:10 PM
    • 7th Nov 19, 7:10 PM
    https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/for-the-public/Fundraising-and-promotions/Fundraising/Lotteries-at-events.aspx
    • Huggy_Bear
    • By Huggy_Bear 8th Nov 19, 10:11 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Huggy_Bear
    • 8th Nov 19, 10:11 AM
    • 8th Nov 19, 10:11 AM
    Thank you for replies. Still pondering what to do.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

127Posts Today

1,290Users online

Martin's Twitter