Train delay by tfw

Options
Hi! Forumites. Opinion please. Bought tickets from TFW (Transport for Wales) for return journey Swansea to Southport via Crewe, travelling 30th September. TFW took first part of journey to Crewe. Second part was by West Midland. The second train was cancelled, with the next one an hour later, Station staff said I would have to use WMT.After waiting for the second one it was also delayed by 30mins. A train delay payment request was made to TFW. Today the responded to say that WMT wre responsible, and that they would forward complaint to WMT. I have agreed to this. Was this the right thing to do? Ps Using Resolver.

Thanks HK

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    When delayed you apply to the train company which caused the initial delay.

In your case it was WMT and you should follow their delay repay process.
  • HARRY_KARRY
    Options
    Hi! All. Just a quick add on to original post. I have checked the National Rail conditions of travel and WMT I wasn't sure if TFW would pass on the complaint in time. I went to WMR site to lodge claim but could not complete form as it won't allow date of travel input before 3rd October (28 days to today) It appears that I have just exceeded the 28 day deadline. This was entirely due to TWF taking so long to reply. It looks as though I will have to escalate complaint to Rail Ombudsman or other at some point. So, Transport for Wales thanks for nothing. HK

Of course, I now know that complaint should have gone to train company causing delay. But didn't know that at the time. Ps If you are going to respond to my post, it is not smart to say what should have done. It would be more helpful to say what can be done. HK
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ps If you are going to respond to my post, it is not smart to say what should have done. It would be more helpful to say what can be done. HK
    But it may help others who come across your thread when they search for advice in a similar situation.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Ps If you are going to respond to my post, it is not smart to say what should have done. It would be more helpful to say what can be done. HK

Please highlight where I said what you should have done.
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi! Forumites. Opinion please. Bought tickets from TFW (Transport for Wales) for return journey Swansea to Southport via Crewe, travelling 30th September. TFW took first part of journey to Crewe. Second part was by West Midland. The second train was cancelled, with the next one an hour later, Station staff said I would have to use WMT.After waiting for the second one it was also delayed by 30mins. A train delay payment request was made to TFW. Today the responded to say that WMT wre responsible, and that they would forward complaint to WMT. I have agreed to this. Was this the right thing to do? Ps Using Resolver.

Thanks HK
    TfW are correct to say the claim should have gone to West Midlands Trains, it's good that they have forwarded this to the right company, and yes you did the right thing by agreeing for it to be forwarded on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure