Deleted threads

DCFC79
DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Why does the title for spam threads or any thread actually still remain as an active thread when your looking at forums.moneysavingexpert.com ?

Like this morning the 2 threads for "Apply for a loan today" on the insurance and employment forums are still showing as being active., the threads been deleted so surely what I have described should also disappear.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    They only change when a post knocks another thread up to the top of that board.
  • chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    There's a thread at the bottom of the 'essential money' section. - citizens advice which, although closed, can still be consulted. It.closed in 2012 and, speaking an adviser at CA, I would never use advice or information that was seven years old - too much legislation or practice has changed since then.

It should be deleted.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,143 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    chesky wrote: »
    There's a thread at the bottom of the 'essential money' section. - citizens advice which, although closed, can still be consulted. It.closed in 2012 and, speaking an adviser at CA, I would never use advice or information that was seven years old - too much legislation or practice has changed since then.

It should be deleted.

Thanks chesky, MSE Towers are aware - changes are afoot!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • chesky
    Misslayed wrote: »
    Thanks chesky, MSE Towers are aware - changes are afoot!

Interested in your response. However, two weeks on and the CAB thread is still there. How difficult is it for MSE Towers to delete a thread - does it involve much more than pressing a button? I understand that 'changes are afoot' for next year but don't see why this small adjustment has to wait for them.
  • chesky
    chesky wrote: »
    Interested in your response. However, two weeks on and the CAB thread is still there. How difficult is it for MSE Towers to delete a thread - does it involve much more than pressing a button? I understand that 'changes are afoot' for next year but don't see why this small adjustment has to wait for them.

Still there...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport