Thoughts on Lidl?

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,120
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Adding Friday to the weekend offers has really increased the number of customers shopping in Lidl on Fridays. Today is the second week I have been slow getting round the shop because of the higher number in where normally I don't see that many.
    same here, I normally go in early doors on Fridays for convenience, the last few weeks have been a real PIA:(
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,806
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 20 October 2019 at 12:49PM
    At the Lidl I use most frequently, they have a "rule" of "If you haven't bought anything, you can't leave through the same door as you used to enter".

I wouldn't mind so much but the route to the "leave" door requires getting past the self-serve queue and walking further, not exiting at the most convenient point for my next destination.

[Do Lidl have more or fewer shop lifters than other supermarkets? Is that why they try this security feature?]
  • At the Lidl I use most frequently, they have a "rule" of "If you haven't bought anything, you can't leave through the same door as you used to enter".

I wouldn't mind so much but the route to the "leave" door requires getting past the self-serve queue and walking further, not exiting at the most convenient point for my next destination.

"At the Lidl I use most frequently, they have a "rule" of "If you haven't bought anything, you can't leave through the same door as you used to enter".............you cant make it easy for the shoplifters
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,806
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 24 October 2019 at 4:03PM
    "At the Lidl I use most frequently, they have a "rule" of "If you haven't bought anything, you can't leave through the same door as you used to enter".............you cant make it easy for the shoplifters

I see my additional note about shoplifters is at the same time as your reply.

So do you think they have more shoplifters than other stores?

I've even been stopped by a security person when I was using the "correct" exit. His English wasn't very good but I surmised that he wanted to see what was in my bag. He looked but still wanted to waft it past some kind of detector higher up on the wall and this did seem to make some kind of alarm sound but he couldn't communicate what else, if anything, he wanted to do, so I left. The same machine is near the entrance so pointless not to use that.

I'm waiting to be banned.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I'm waiting to be banned.
    From Lidl or the forum?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse wrote: »
    From Lidl or the forum?

Lidl, of course. :)
  • Aldi do the same - in fact, if you linger by the foyer, you can slip out of the lidl ones (near me), when someone comes in. With Aldi, it is completely spit so you have to go out passed the check outs. No self serve ones in either Aldi or Lidl near me.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,257
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Adding Friday to the weekend offers has really increased the number of customers shopping in Lidl on Fridays. Today is the second week I have been slow getting round the shop because of the higher number in where normally I don't see that many.

Do you do the shopping for Dad? That’s very thoughtful of you.

I’ve tried to get the cat to do the shopping but when I asked her the look on her face was priceless :rotfl:
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I popped into large store in Southend earlier this afternoon, and OMG what an unholy mess it is. Its not just a question of requiring a refresh, stuff in the middle aisles was everywhere. I'd planned on doing a big shop but ended up walking straight out again.

We've got two more stores opening soon, I hope they are better maintained.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,493
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I popped into large store in Southend earlier this afternoon, and OMG what an unholy mess it is. Its not just a question of requiring a refresh, stuff in the middle aisles was everywhere. I'd planned on doing a big shop but ended up walking straight out again.

We've got two more stores opening soon, I hope they are better maintained.

I find Lidls are either really awful or really good.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport