1235»

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 April 2019 at 7:23AM
    Well I’m waiting for that moment.

In the meantime you’ll likely be its sole exponent, which might explain the strange need for the prelude.

I'm not sure why you're even pointing it out. I've been on here heading towards 15 years so I've used it on average once every 2.5 years or once every 3,000 posts. Its a known phrase and just because you havent heard of it (or of google search it seems) doesnt mean its not in use.

"Claims Jumper" as used by the O/P, on the other hand....

If the O/P were to mention "Claims Jumper" with the same posting frequency we wouldnt hear it again until around the year 3519.....
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    raydun wrote: »
    zzzzzzzzzzzz

Admin please close thread.

I see one post a year doesnt buy much influence with the admins then...
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,596
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 12 April 2019 at 9:09AM
    motorguy wrote: »
    I see one post a year doesnt buy much influence with the admins then...

Much in the same way 18,559 posts doesn't seem to buy much civility or forum etiquette towards new posters either.

In post 13 you asked a question "out of curiosity" on the OP's thread to which the OP had no obligation to reply.

With no response from the OP you decided to follow this up with a sarcastic dig at them in post 21.

The OP responded in post 22 stating that they would not be responding to your query, so you added another sarcastic comment towards the OP in post 25, claimed you "were out" in post 30, but then were back "in" again just 30 minutes later to respond to an innocuous comment and take the opportunity to, again, sarcastically mock the OP. After this the thread basically degenerated into a Punch and Judy script.

Perhaps if you started your own thread entitled "I believe all VW emissions scandal claimants are fraudsters" this would elicit type of respondent you are clearly looking for?
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    edited 12 April 2019 at 9:47AM
    vacheron wrote: »
    Much in the same way 18,559 posts doesn't seem to buy much civility or forum etiquette towards new posters either.

I'm civil to those who are civil to me.

18,000+ posts has "bought" me 11,400+ thanks so your opinion on my posting history does not reflect reality.

AND - had you checked - the O/P is not a new poster, they've been a member for 6+ years and clearly have chosen to add very little in terms of help and input to the forum over that time.

After this the thread basically degenerated into a Punch and Judy script.

Yes, most "debates" involving qwert yiop end up like that.

Perhaps if you started your own thread entitled "I believe all VW emissions scandal claimants are fraudsters" this would elicit type of respondent you are clearly looking for?

I didnt say they all were, however i think the majority have had no material loss because of it.

As an ex motor trader who has a lot of experience with the whole issue around diesels, has experience of VW diesels and keeps a close watch on market values i've seen little to suggest that anything other than a very small minority of people have a real and genuine claim against VW. Certainly not to the volumes we are seeing claiming and not to the volumes the newspapers would have us believe.

My original question was genuine and had the O/P replied with "yes, i've had real issues with my car down on power and going in to limp mode and down on economy" i'd have been reassured that they were one of the genuine people out there and i would have left it at that. They chose not to answer and thus I have drawn my own conclusions as to why.

I have no reason to start a thread on it because the real and genuine statistics out there answer the question already.

Thus if you are happy to support "claim culture Britain" by indulging the majority of those jumping on the claim bandwagon then fine. I'm not.

Sorry if that offends you.

HTH.
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,613
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I’d say it’s his patriotic duty to extract as much compensation out of the German economy as possible in these straitened times.
    After Halloween, we may need all the foreign exchange we can get. Go for it.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    I’d say it’s his patriotic duty to extract as much compensation out of the German economy as possible in these straitened times.
    After Halloween, we may need all the foreign exchange we can get. Go for it.

Funnily enough raydun didnt thank you for that post....
  • Was really looking for helpful advice but having seen this thread I feel too beaten up already by Slater Gordon to go through it again here.
  • qwert_yuiop
    Forumite
    lindylou50 wrote: »
    Was really looking for helpful advice but having seen this thread I feel too beaten up already by Slater Gordon to go through it again here.

That’s a pity. Am I allowed to ask you how far you got?
  • qwert_yuiop
    Forumite
    If anyone is still interested, 400,000 German owners of vw diesels are commencing a law suit seeking compensation following the emissions fraud, according to FT. There’s no indication of whether they are suffering higher fuel consumption due to devious measures or they’d just like some money, please, because, you know, distress and all that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport