The Money Diet, Updated, Discussion Area

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
edited 9 July 2021 at 3:06PM in The MoneySaving books
This discussion relates to the
Money Diet article

To discuss the Money Diet click reply.

If it's Thrifty Ways For Modern Days you want to discuss then you can do that here
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    Considering i dont really read books,with regards to the new updated money diet i can actually say this is one book i am looking forward to reading.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Just ordered mine, I had a little bit of cashback on a credit card that had been sitting for a while so used that up with getting the book. When is the book likely to hit the doormat, Martin?
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    14th November :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Just so I know to stay home to retrieve it from the postie, before he attempts to unsuccessfully jam it through the letterbox. :rolleyes:

Good time to release the book, just before Christmas, everyone can knuckle down after Christmas and recoup some of the money spent over the festive season, New Year's Resolution to save money, be more canny with your cash. I hope I can squeeze it into my handbag so I can take it and read it in Starbucks over a hot chocolate when the kids are out. My treat, don't drink, don't smoke so my Starbucks fix is my treat.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Stumpy
    Stumpy Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, I've done my bit for "the cause"!! 4 copies took it over the £15 for free delivery, and I had a £5 voucher from a survey company too - so 4 copies for £2.50 each. :money:
  • mrkester
    mrkester Posts: 19 Forumite
    just got email about new Money Diet book.

and i quote from Martin..............

"The MoneySavingExpert.com User offer

I pushed my publisher to allow site users to get the book 2 weeks early (14 Nov) via a special deal with Amazon. The price is £3.99 plus £2.75 p&p (recommended retail price £7.99). Yet Amazon's new policy means spend £15 and delivery is free, so if you're planning a Christmas shop anyway it's worth combining the two. This deal and price is for one week only. "

here's where the hmmmmmmmm comes in.................

"Amazon Shipping £2.16 + 59p per item. Free option if over £19 spent. "

above from bookbrain.co.uk

So £15 or £19 ?????????
    can anyone shed any light on this, or am i just being daft???
  • Aries
    Aries Posts: 477 Forumite
    I have just ordered mine.

Great stuff Martin keep up the good work.
    Member of the £2 savers club.£320
    so far
    saving for Holiday :j

You are never too Old to learn new tricks.:rotfl:
  • Polly
    Polly Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just ordered 4 copies. Gets me free delivery AND three useful pressies! Well done Martin. Can't wait to see it. :money:
  • Got mine but had to giggle at the "Perfect Partner" that Amazon have it down with - "The Two of Us, My Life With John Thaw" :rotfl:

Lotta
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
  • panther
    panther Posts: 126 Forumite
    Oh go on then you've twisted my arm. Suppose I can always stick it on the Bay of E once read :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure