Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 8th Sep 05, 3:41 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 8th Sep 05, 3:41 PM
    • 8th Sep 05, 3:41 PM
    Does anyone know of a recipe for sarsaparilla or a good website for recipes? Any search I do either brings up root beer or sites where you can buy sarsaparilla.
    Thanks in advance

WOOO Flintoff just smacked a 6 - god bless internet radio
    by spingers
    I thought root beer was essentially a sarsaparilla based drink?

ie made from sarsaparilla root = root beer. No?
    Last edited by squeaky; 08-09-2005 at 3:51 PM.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 8th Sep 05, 6:09 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 8th Sep 05, 6:09 PM
    • 8th Sep 05, 6:09 PM
    To follow up my own post, I asked an american friend and this is what they had to say:-

They're not altogether different TASTING but, 'root beer' is made from at least three roots (one of which is sarsaparilla) and 'sarsaparilla' is made only from sarsaparilla-root.
    So although they're different you might get somewhere close by following a root beer recipe and just using more sarsaparilla instead of whatever other roots are listed...?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• spingers
    • 9th Sep 05, 11:22 AM
    • 9th Sep 05, 11:22 AM
    thanks, I found the whole root beer/sarsaparilla thing very confusing, I will give it a go, cheers.
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 9th Sep 05, 11:24 AM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 9th Sep 05, 11:24 AM
    • 9th Sep 05, 11:24 AM
    It's all disgusting muck but you're very welcome anyway

• Mr Skint
    • 9th Sep 05, 11:25 AM
    • 9th Sep 05, 11:25 AM
    Google, for Sarsaparilla theres a load of recipes that turned up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,906Posts Today

6,863Users online

Martin's Twitter