Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • ManAtHome
    • By ManAtHome 2nd Sep 05, 3:06 PM
    • 8,200 Posts
    • 5,327 Thanks
    ManAtHome
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:06 PM
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:06 PM
    Fry onions and garlic until soft, add tin of chopped tomatoes, optional oxo cube and tsp of sugar.
    • MATH
    • By MATH 2nd Sep 05, 3:20 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 5,603 Thanks
    MATH
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:20 PM
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:20 PM
    For meatballs I make a Goulash Sauce just to ring the changes from Ragu Style Sauce.

1 tbsp Paprika
    1 tbsp Flour
    1 Onion chopped
    1 Garlic clove Crushed
    2lb Tomatoes peeled and chopped or 2 400g tins of Chopped Tomatoes
    100ml Creme Fraiche or sieved HM Yoghurt
    1 tbsp Olive Oil
    1/2 Red Pepper finely chopped

Heat the oil and cook onion and pepper for about 5 mins. Add garlic and cook for a further minute. Stir in paprika and flour, add tomatoes, season and simmer, stirring until cooked though and thickened.

Add meatballs to heat through and swirl in Yoghurt/Creme Fraiche to serve. HTH
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • LearningToSave.
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:22 PM
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:22 PM
    math sounds fab except i havent got any yogurt/creme.....think it'd be okay without?
    • Rikki
    • By Rikki 2nd Sep 05, 3:27 PM
    • 20,648 Posts
    • 21,773 Thanks
    Rikki
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:27 PM
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:27 PM
    Fry onions and garlic until soft, add tin of chopped tomatoes, optional oxo cube and tsp of sugar.
    by ManAtHome
    As above without the oxo cube; but with a tsp sugar, parsley, bazil and oregano. Dried herbs work just fine.
  • tr3mor
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:28 PM
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:28 PM
    when i have swedish meatballs i usually serve them as they are, with some stir fried noodles/onions/veg. yum!
  • scuzz
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:37 PM
    • 2nd Sep 05, 3:37 PM
    by ManAtHome
    I'd add a sploge of Worster sauce too and salt and pepper
    • MATH
    • By MATH 2nd Sep 05, 7:24 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 5,603 Thanks
    MATH
    • 2nd Sep 05, 7:24 PM
    • 2nd Sep 05, 7:24 PM
    math sounds fab except i havent got any yogurt/creme.....think it'd be okay without?
    by LearningToSave.
    Fine without but less creamy.
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

247Posts Today

2,160Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted people are pushing @BorisJohnson on getting proper financial ed in schools. He says not enough resourc? https://t.co/c8Eb6BAwgU

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Follow Martin