Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Kippsy
    Help, I'm a thiko!
    • 25th Aug 05, 4:33 PM
    Help, I'm a thiko! 25th Aug 05 at 4:33 PM
    What a plonka! Made cookies and as I put first lot in the oven (only about 6) I realised that I have only put half the sugar in!

Do you reckon that if I add some sugar to the rest of the mix now it will work? I think I have some sweetner on the cupoard still and that usually dissolves on contact with anyhing moist or wet.

oh Bu**er. But I also made some choca mocha muffins and remembered what I was doind with them... maybe it is just cooking fatigue!
    oooh look only about 220 posts and I got round to doing my Avatar already!!
Page 1
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 25th Aug 05, 4:49 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 25th Aug 05, 4:49 PM
    • 25th Aug 05, 4:49 PM
    Yes, adding sugar to the mix should work just fine

Work it well in. Icing sugar would go in fastest and easiest - after all, it's just finely ground sugar.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
  • Kippsy
    • 25th Aug 05, 4:57 PM
    • 25th Aug 05, 4:57 PM
    Actually I was on here when I read your signature Squeaks and that reminded me to ask!...

Generally if any accidents do happen in th kitchen I have a dustbin also known as the OH who clears up the mess!
    oooh look only about 220 posts and I got round to doing my Avatar already!!
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 25th Aug 05, 5:05 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 25th Aug 05, 5:05 PM
    • 25th Aug 05, 5:05 PM
    I have no such luxury.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
    • pol
    • By pol 25th Aug 05, 6:09 PM
    • 644 Posts
    • 1,563 Thanks
    pol
    • 25th Aug 05, 6:09 PM
    • 25th Aug 05, 6:09 PM
    If you ever do it again, you could always mix up a bit of icing sugar and ice them when cold, like those fancy iced ring biscuits!
  • mows
    • 25th Aug 05, 9:16 PM
    • 25th Aug 05, 9:16 PM
    ...or dip cookies in melted chocolate to make up for lack of sugar...or brush with sugar glaze (melt gran sugar in a couple of tbs of water)...or serve with something yummy and sweet like ice cream for a nice contrast...
    You are certainly not a thicko as your thread title suggests...i think it's laudable to be experimenting with a lower calorie version of the recipe...maybe if i did that abit more rather than being so quick off the mark with the sugar bowl i would be more svelte...but baby number 2 is due in Dec so that's my excuse at the moment
    Enjoy the yummy cookies...
    all the best mows
    • elona
    • By elona 25th Aug 05, 9:18 PM
    • 11,150 Posts
    • 63,458 Thanks
    elona
    • 25th Aug 05, 9:18 PM
    • 25th Aug 05, 9:18 PM
    You could sprinkle ginger or some other spice over the top and swear blind that it was meant to be that way.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Str4berr3
    • 26th Aug 05, 12:25 AM
    • 26th Aug 05, 12:25 AM
    Have to say, The other week? I baked some beautiful muffins at my grans house but because she uses one of those starch boxes (Salt, cornflower and sugar organizers.) I did'nt realise that I was putting in Salt intead of Sugar!!!!

They looked sooo tempting I could'nt help tasting one - obiviously they tasted disgusting!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

843Posts Today

7,251Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Got two minutes spare this morning. If so please use it to watch this - so that you can recognise the signs of fin? https://t.co/Ed0bhkjGNf

• RT @dwlstacey: Hi @TUIUK. Do you think it?s appropriate to change my holiday from the 2 bedrooms I booked to 1, for a family of 4, with 10?

• Today's twitter poll: Would you knowingly buy cheap but decent looking fake designer goods (assuming it's something? https://t.co/Y14J09xg6U

• Follow Martin