Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • keatergreyhound
    • By keatergreyhound 20th Aug 05, 2:31 PM
    • 485Posts
    • 131Thanks
    keatergreyhound
    Barbecue Sauce - Home made BBQ Sauce
    • 20th Aug 05, 2:31 PM
    Barbecue Sauce - Home made BBQ Sauce 20th Aug 05 at 2:31 PM
    I was in Asds the ohte rday and I noticed that they do 2 chicken pieces in a bbq sauce for way to much money
    Ive got the chicken here and wonder if its possible for me to recreate the sauce at home?
    Also would this be the same type sauce as my local Chinese take away but on their rice? That sauce if the best tasting thing ive ever tasted but since being a mse member I wont pay the 5 a tub!
    Thanks in advance Allie
Page 1
  • henhog
    • 20th Aug 05, 3:12 PM
    • 20th Aug 05, 3:12 PM
    Ainsley Harriot's Classic Brarbecue sauce recipe

Makes 15 0z

2 tablespoons sunflower oil
    1 finely chopped onion
    2 crushed garlic cloves
    70z tin of tomatoes
    2 tablespoon tom puree
    1 tablespoon light brown sugar
    1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
    tobasco sauce (free pizza!)
    2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon English mustard
    salt and pepper

heat the oil in a medium sized pan, add the onion and garlic and fry for 7 to 8 mins, stirring now and again. Add the remaining ingredients and leave the sauce to simmer very gently for 10 mins, stir it every now and again until it thickens. If you want it smoother you can blend it for a few seconds. Can be served hot or cold.

Hope it's nice!
    • pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 21st Sep 05, 2:13 PM
    • 9,818 Posts
    • 24,069 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:13 PM
    TGIF's jack daniels bbq glaze sauce
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:13 PM
    well for my first ever duty free purchase i brought home a great big bottle of jack daniels whiskey to see if i can have a go at recreating the wonder that is jack daniels bbq glaze sauce that you get with virually everything in TGI fridays.

its absolutely divine but i haven't got the foggiest idea where to begin making it - can any of you wonderful people help me?

know thyself

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 21st Sep 05, 2:21 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:21 PM
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:21 PM
    http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipedetail.asp?sessionid=&login=yes&id=100&agree =yes
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
    • pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 21st Sep 05, 2:37 PM
    • 9,818 Posts
    • 24,069 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:37 PM
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:37 PM
    squeaky, will you marry me?!
    know thyself

• foreverskint
    • By foreverskint 21st Sep 05, 2:49 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    foreverskint
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:49 PM
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:49 PM
    I take it squeaky has passed out and is unable to answer you!
  • Petal
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:55 PM
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:55 PM
    I was only thinking the other day....is there nothing that Squeaky doesn't know/can't cook/can't make/can't do/can't grow ??

Owned by 4 4 cats: 2 x Maine coon cross males, 1 x Pixie Bob male and 2 1 x Norwegian Forest male....cute!

R.I.P Darling Jackson 11/7/09 - 15/1/10
    Miss u sweetie...
    • foreverskint
    • By foreverskint 21st Sep 05, 2:58 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    foreverskint
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:58 PM
    • 21st Sep 05, 2:58 PM
    maybe we should have ssqueaky cloned, then we can all keep a squeaky at home
  • Kippsy
    • 21st Sep 05, 3:01 PM
    • 21st Sep 05, 3:01 PM
    Blimey pavs_dog, I think squeaks could be seriously injured! someone send him a parcel of over sugared treats! That will get him going again!

Last edited by Kippsy; 21-09-2005 at 3:14 PM.
    oooh look only about 220 posts and I got round to doing my Avatar already!!
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 21st Sep 05, 3:12 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky

A long memory helps. I was wandering through the secret recipes site some time ago looking for the powdered stuff you can season chicken with or put on wedges - so as soon as Pavlov asked for the recipe I knew exactly where my first port of call would be

Now I think I'll just go for a lie down somewhere dark and quiet...
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 21st Sep 05, 5:10 PM
    • 9,818 Posts
    • 24,069 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    now now squeaks, dont be coy
    know thyself

• Curry Queen
    • By Curry Queen 21st Sep 05, 5:16 PM
    • 5,482 Posts
    • 3,081 Thanks
    Curry Queen
    Oiiii pavlovs_dog I proposed to him first several months back ... over his sausages I think
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• squeaky
    • By squeaky 21st Sep 05, 6:18 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    OH 'ecky thump!

Behave yourselves the pair of you!

Nicely brought up innocent bloke like me... you should be ashamed... or something.

Harumph!

• pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 21st Sep 05, 9:16 PM
    • 9,818 Posts
    • 24,069 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    you love it really
    know thyself

• squeaky
    • By squeaky 21st Sep 05, 9:22 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    And I'm staying single too!

I'm too old for you anyway

Have you made the sauce yet? Did it taste right?

• pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 21st Sep 05, 9:39 PM
    • 9,818 Posts
    • 24,069 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    havent had chance yet, got dragged down the pub for birthday drinks (im another year older...not so sure about the wiser part tho lol)

i'll probably have a crack at it over the weekend when i have more time to myself.
    know thyself

• squeaky
    • By squeaky 21st Sep 05, 9:51 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    Come back and let us know how it goes then

And hippo bird day

• Hunnymonster
    • By Hunnymonster 21st Sep 05, 9:57 PM
    • 745 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    Hunnymonster
    I bought a bottle of this in CostCo a little while back - something like 3 for a 750ml bottle

Actually I just checked - 38oz/1077g bottle
    Last edited by Hunnymonster; 22-09-2005 at 9:00 PM.
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

In many cases it helps if you say where you are - someone with local knowledge might be able to give local specifics rather than general advice
    • Becles
    • By Becles 15th Oct 05, 7:00 AM
    • 12,879 Posts
    • 26,242 Thanks
    Becles
    Frankie & Bennies BBQ sauce
    Bit of a strange request, but does anyone know either the supplier or recipe for Frankie & Bennies BBQ sauce?

My hubby absolutely loves the sauce on their BBQ chicken pizza and is almost orgasmic when he eats it! If anyone can tell me the recipe or where to buy it, I'd really appreciate it. He's really difficult to buy for, so it would make a super Christmas present.
    Here I go again on my own....
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 15th Oct 05, 7:43 AM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    Bit of a strange request, but does anyone know either the supplier or recipe for Frankie & Bennies BBQ sauce?

My hubby absolutely loves the sauce on their BBQ chicken pizza and is almost orgasmic when he eats it! If anyone can tell me the recipe or where to buy it, I'd really appreciate it. He's really difficult to buy for, so it would make a super Christmas present.
    by Becles
    I couldn't find a recipe but this page from google might give you a starting place:-

Franky and Benny

Alternatively you could try asking your local outlet if they sell the sauce or perhaps even give you some as a treat?
    Last edited by squeaky; 15-10-2005 at 10:04 AM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,242Posts Today

7,643Users online

Martin's Twitter