Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mumof3mk
    • By mumof3mk 17th Aug 05, 4:00 PM
    • 236Posts
    • 96Thanks
    mumof3mk
    0 WOW
    SAVERS 99p preggies test
    • 17th Aug 05, 4:00 PM
    0 WOW
    SAVERS 99p preggies test 17th Aug 05 at 4:00 PM
    over in SAVERS in newport pagnell. its called home check preggie test. bargin at 99p..
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 18-08-2005 at 9:39 AM.
Page 1
    • zeke
    • By zeke 17th Aug 05, 4:21 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    zeke
    • 17th Aug 05, 4:21 PM
    • 17th Aug 05, 4:21 PM
    over in SAVERS in newport pagnell. its called home check preggie test. bargin at 99p..
    by mumof3mk
    I'm stocking up- never know when evil will strike, and should go well on the car booties!
    Just because you used to be you think everybody else is, don't you?
  • tigertiger
    • 18th Aug 05, 5:42 PM
    • 18th Aug 05, 5:42 PM
    they also do 99p preg tests in Poundland.....the posh version of a poundshop...ha ha!.......they have had them in my local store for months anyway (merthyr tydfil)
    900 towards next holiday...ta very much Mr T x
    • katskorner
    • By katskorner 18th Aug 05, 5:45 PM
    • 2,927 Posts
    • 3,447 Thanks
    katskorner
    • 18th Aug 05, 5:45 PM
    • 18th Aug 05, 5:45 PM
    Too late for me....
  • purplestar1uk
    • 18th Aug 05, 6:08 PM
    • 18th Aug 05, 6:08 PM
    I spotted pregnancy tests in 'The 99p Shop' in Sheffield a few days ago.

It's the best shop ever, incidentally!! But yeah, preg tests. Not sure I'd trust one so cheap though... probably would spend just as much doing the test 15 times to believe it!!
  • vegas_vicky
    • 18th Aug 05, 7:22 PM
    • 18th Aug 05, 7:22 PM
    These were in the York Savers June 2004. I popped out in my lunch break to get one and as Savers is the other side of town and I knew I wouldn't be spotted. For 99p there were 3 tests in the box. I must admit when the first one was positive I did the other two as I too couldn't trust anything so cheap, but it correct and now I have a lovely 5 month old little girl!
  • pdoff
    • 18th Aug 05, 9:31 PM
    • 18th Aug 05, 9:31 PM
    Home bargains in morley have tests for 89p, & some for 1.49. am 5 months gone so too late 4 me too!
  • tigertiger
    • 18th Aug 05, 9:41 PM
    • 18th Aug 05, 9:41 PM
    u will never get a false positive reading on a pregnancy test, u can only get a false negative! so once u have a positive one hey ho! congratulations!!!!
    • sooz
    • By sooz 18th Aug 05, 11:05 PM
    • 4,505 Posts
    • 4,835 Thanks
    sooz
    • 18th Aug 05, 11:05 PM
    • 18th Aug 05, 11:05 PM
    have tried them recently..still did not give me the result i wanted............................................ .......
  • trickytrolleys
    have tried them recently..still did not give me the result i wanted............................................ .......
    by sooz
    Aah, keep trying and enjoy the practice!!
    • sooz
    • By sooz 20th Aug 05, 12:10 AM
    • 4,505 Posts
    • 4,835 Thanks
    sooz
    Aah, keep trying and enjoy the practice!!
    by mcelhinney

but i am a child of the thatcher era...i want it and i want it now........
    • shelly
    • By shelly 20th Aug 05, 1:20 AM
    • 6,323 Posts
    • 12,331 Thanks
    shelly
    probably would spend just as much doing the test 15 times to believe it!!
    by purplestar1uk
    I agree with that.....even the expensive ones I end up using 3 or 4 to make sure its right....lol.....I haven't found any of these yet but will look tomorrow....best price I got was also savers and paid 5.99 ish for a pack of 3 predictors....much cheaper than tescos.
    Love isn't finding someone you can live with. It's finding someone you can't live without
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 20th Aug 05, 1:45 PM
    • 15,599 Posts
    • 321,195 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    89p in Home Bargains,

Yvonne
    • Mrs_T
    • By Mrs_T 20th Aug 05, 2:44 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Mrs_T
    poundland have 2 in a box for - yes you guessed it 1 - they were actually on the checkout desk! they are the 25mmu ones which are supposed to be fairly sensitive in detection!

hth

Mrs T
  • 1julieeiluj1
    u will never get a false positive reading on a pregnancy test, u can only get a false negative! so once u have a positive one hey ho! congratulations!!!!
    by tigertiger
    Sorry but you can it happened to me!!
  • littlelaurakate
    Sorry but you can it happened to me!!
    by 1julieeiluj1

Yep, you can. Ovarian cysts can cause odd HCG readings, thus false positive results...
  • lifexo
    pregnant tests
    I recently bought a ANSWER pregnancy test im over 6 weeks late and it was negative can you actually get a false negative? ?-
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

1,515Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin