Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Becles
    • By Becles 17th Aug 05, 6:16 AM
    • 12,879Posts
    • 26,242Thanks
    Becles
    Fun Meat Loaf...
    • 17th Aug 05, 6:16 AM
    Fun Meat Loaf... 17th Aug 05 at 6:16 AM
    ..or how to put a smile on your childrens faces!

I made a meat loaf yesterday. Rather than put it in a traditional loaf tin, I baked it in 2 7" cake tins.

Once cooked, I sandwiched the two bits together with mashed potato, "iced" the top with mashed potato and decorated it with cherry tomatoes.

My sons thought it was fab having a cake for our main meal
    Here I go again on my own....
Page 1
    • By 16011996 17th Aug 05, 6:43 AM
    • 8,140 Posts
    • 3,704 Thanks
    • 17th Aug 05, 6:43 AM
    • 17th Aug 05, 6:43 AM
    my youngest loves sausage dinosaur. i make a mound of mash, chop cooked sausages in half for the spiney pointy bits, beans for eyes and beans round the bottom for a swamp. things we do to please our kids, lol.
    • nicki
    • By nicki 17th Aug 05, 8:48 AM
    • 7,287 Posts
    • 88,339 Thanks
    nicki
    • 17th Aug 05, 8:48 AM
    • 17th Aug 05, 8:48 AM
    I do something similar for DD in the winter - a mound of mash, cooked sausages cut in half lengthways laid vertically on the mash and then covered with beans or surrounded by mushy peas. We call it a bonfire tea and she loves it, even did it for OH last time and at 27 he still found it a real treat and asked for it again
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

67Posts Today

3,027Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin